SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Purchased from: pawn shop

Luckily, this guitar can be considered a SG (in my opion one of the best guitars). It has a good sound and it plays pretty well in all playing styles, I moslty use it for punk rock with my band, and some Classical, like Beethoven (don't start with me the guitar is a fine instrment for all kinds of music) and such. It has open coil pickups, which can be esasily adjusted.

If you love the SG look (like me), and you can't afford the model, than this is the guitar gor you. Overall it is a pretty good guitar, but I wouldn't pick this guitar over another SG. It's worth the money, it hasn't let me down. You should watch the paint though, it has no pickguard.

I've only played this guitar twice to a live audince. One time was at my guitar school, in a live performance, and the other for my cousins birthday party, with about 60 people! It did alrigt. I wouldn'y really worry about bringing a backup, the only thing that might go wrong would be if a string snapped or if pickup got loose (which happened to me one time, kind of weird). You shouldn't go crazy though, it hs no pickguard. It's been through a lot, but now when ever I play I always use this as my backup for my supreme.

This guitar has great action, it is definetly a good buy if your looking for something on the less expensive side. I got this guitar almost new, about 1 ago, it seems a young man lost it at a pawn shop, poor him. The pickups adjusted well when I got it. Everything is just where it should be, and it a perfect neck for my hands, it's small but still wide. I love the color, it has a fiery red finish.

This fine guitar was made in the US of A. It was 23 frets, a nice red finish, chrome hardware and it is made of maple and alder wood. Unlike other SG's, it only has 1 volume and 1 tone knob. It has 2 epihone open coil pickups, and they sound pretty good (although it doesn't compare to my Angus Young SG).