SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

This guitar is very versitile. I play hard-rock/metal, and this guitar works awesome. But it's not that great when its distorted. So I switched my pickups and it sounds great now. But it can be hard to get that 'perfect' tone, because it only has one tone Switch. Not very rich sounding, but it has a bright sound. As I said before, this guitar is versitile and you can make lots of diffrent sounds and tones on this guitar.

It plays great for all music styles. I've been playing for 5 years and I bought this one to practice on the road. It sounds great on a big amp. If it was stolen then I would buy another one, or a used one. The only bad thing is that it's hard to clean. I just bought this one cause it was so cheap. I wish it had more tone controls.

I've played four live gigs with this. I usually use my Fender but it broken at the time. This one did fine. It has a great look to it. The hardware should last. The strap buttons are fine. It's dependable and the finish is good enough to last for a while. Great beginers guitar.

It is a very cheap guitar and it is great for starters. It has quality everything. But the pickups aren't very good. So change them. Everything is proper on it. Sort of hard to clean.

- 22 frets - Laminated Top - Double Cut-way (easy-fret reach) - Tune-O-Matic bridge - 3-way pickup Switch - One volume control, One tune control - Duncan designed humbuckers - Hard-shell Gibson case - Strap - Picks - Cables.