SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Well my music style is heavy metal and it suits my music. The amp I use is a Traynor 30 watt amplifier. I only use the distortion effects on the amp since I dont have a distortion pedal yet. It has good sound.

Like I said the style of music I play is heavy metal its usually Metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Slayer and Black Sabbath and it's a excellent match. I have been playing not even half a year and I'm better than all my friends. I own two other guitars a Series A and a Nova but the Nova is an acoustic. If this was stolen or lost I would get a BC Rich Platinum Pro Jr. V or a Jackson King V with the floyd rose tremolo bridge. What I love about my guitar is that it got double humbuckers and 22 frets when all my friends only got 21 but what I hate about it is that it got a Tune-O-Matic bridge when I wish I had a floyd rose tremolo bridge. My favorite feature is her body style and I like that it dosen't have a pick guard. I cmpared this to a Fender Strat, and a Nova Electric. Well the Fender was okay I suppose but the Nova was the worst thing I ever had seen. I would never recomend a Nova to anyone unless I didn't like them. I wish this guitar had 24 frets, a cooler headstock and a liscensed floyd rose tremolo bridge. Thats all I can say about this guitar.

The guitar will withstand live playing and the hardware seems it will last. The strap buttons are sold. I would depend on my guitar but I'll bring my Series A just in case the strings or something break.

The guitar didn't contain one flaws. It was perfect. The bridge is great but I keep breaking my strings off them because of one certain part. I already been through like 6 sets this year.

I ain't sure what year it was made in but I know that it was made in China. There are 22 frets and the neck scale is 24.75". The body and neck wood is alder/maple. The bridge style is Tune-O-Matic. The Body style is SG. It has one volume and one tone. The pickups are two Epi open coil humbuckers. They're okay. I bought this seperate because I already had tuners, strap, etc.