SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

It sounds great! It has a great crunch to it, and this guitar can do anything from blues, to heavy death metal. It even sounds bluesy clean on the treble pickup. The sound is very rich, and it's brighter than a lot of guitars.

I've only been playing for about a year, but I can tell it's a very nice guitar. If it were stolen, I would probably buy a G-310, only because it's a step up from this guitar, and I would assume that would be a great guitar too.

I would definatly use this in a gig. So far it's stood up great to a beating. I even accidentally hit the body on a door frame, and the finish didn't even chip.

The guitar as a whole feels really solid. My last guitar (a Dean Playmate) felt very loose and flimsy compared to the Special. The only problem I've had, is the input nut comes loose often.

This guitar is probably the best guitar for it's money I've owned. It has a great crunch to it, and this guitar can do anything from blues, to heavy death metal. It has 22 frets with a rosewood fretboard. Solid body, I'm not sure what kind of wood it is. It has a black glossy finish, and obviously an SG style body. It has a Tune-O-Matic/Stopbar bridge and a 3-way pickup selector and 2 open-coil humbuckers. I bought thig guitar along woth a $50.00 hardshell case. The only problem I've had, is the input nut comes loose often.