SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Purchased from: Larsen Music

This is a beast from hell, I play black metal, metalcore, and thrash metal, and it kicks ass, I've played it on a Roland MicroCube, and a 120 watt Crate, and it impressed me both times. It's a great all around guitar, it can play anything from Layla to The Trooper, to A Death In The Family.

This guitar kicks ass for solos, it's got a fast neck, but the humbuckers might need to be replaced if you plan on playing live. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy a Jackson King V, but! I'd buy another one of these soon after as a backup! The best part about it is the sexyness, it looks great. I've been playin for about 6 months now, but I practice from 4:00 to 9:00 almost every weekday, and all day Saturdays and Sundays. Right now all I have is a Roland MicroCube, but that amp kicks ass!

This guitar has and will withstand live playing, the strap buttons aren't the easiest thing to trust, so get some straplocks. The finish is good, there's a scratch... But I dropped it down concrete stairs, it still works like new! All it got was that scratch, Note I don't suggest you drop it down anything, because there's still that chance.

Everything was fine, I didn't notice anything except the volume knob being loose. Other than that, everything is great, although the stock pickups are a little muddy.

Hell, when Lucifer decided to start playing! This axe blows all others away within it's price range! Maple neck, 22 frets, smooth finish, Tune-O-Matic bridge, single volume and tone, rhythm and treble, two humbuckers.