SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Purchased from: Music Royal

I play a lot of pop, but mostly rock such as Van Halen. This guitar suits my style of playing perfectly. I'm using a Kostum (don't know the model) and a DigeTech RP 200, all the effects just make it sound even more incredible. I like the clear tone I can get out of it, it can sound soft for eric clapton or hard for AC/DC. For the price there is a great selections of sounds you can choose from. I suggest buying the DigeTech RP 200, its just so amazing, a tuner, drum machine and like 120 effects.

I play pop but mostly rock and roll and and its a great match. l I've been playing only for a year but I can tell when I'm playing a good guitar. I also own a Harmony Flying V, Ovation Celebrity, Yamaha electric, and a Dean Espana CSCM (my favorite). If it was stolen I would have to buy this guitar again because its sweet. I love the soft sounds you can get out of it but I hate how it smudges (but it's not big deal, you could get another color than black). This guitar sound exactly the same and plays the same as a Gibson SG Special, the only thing differant is that it says Epipone on it!

This guitar will deffinetly withsatnd live playing and has. The hardware looks pretty good but I think I might Switch out the nobs on it. Solid strap buttons have had it come undone yet! I always binf a backup guitar to a gig with me but if I couldnt I wouldn't worry about it The SG Special is a really good guitar. I've payed this guitar for a while now and the finish is withstanding everything I through at it.

The guitar strings were nice a low to the fret board and didnt buzz, perfect. I really like the pickups for the price. The only flaw that I found with this guitar is that it smudges, not scratch but since I have the black one you can see your fingerprints in the right light. I think it's totally worth every penny.

SG stlye body, great neck, 2 humbuckers, one tone and one volume control, 3-way selector, Tune-O-Matic bridge makes it really easy to change strings the only issue I have it the output plug it straight out the front but I bought a L shaped plug and in the end it is actually better than the normal plug on the side of the guitar. No whammy bar but I never used mine on my other guitar anyway