SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

All I play is AC/DC and all I can say about this guitar is perfect. It's just perfect for my style. In fact, Angus Young (lead for AC/DC), in one of their early, early music video he uses this guitar. Believe it or not. The cheapest SG around used by Angus Young. It's not noisy at all. I only play on a standard Marshall amp and it sounds excellent!

All in all this is a great guitar if you play classic rock, metal, blues, or just rock period. I've been playing for about 13 years and I have to say it's an awesome guitar! If It were stolen or lost I would just buy another one. I love the SG model and the neck, and the feeling of just having a pure good guitar. Especially an SG. I hate the fact that there are only 3 types of controls on the guitar, though. Oh well. I wish it just had 5 controls like a standard SG.

This guitar is good for practice, recording, and small gigs. But if you're looking for a good live guitar at least get an Epiphone 310. The hardware is very good on it. It seems like it will last a very long time. The strap buttons are like any other. I would use this guitar as a front guitar, not a backup. I would use it at a gig even if I didn't even have a backup. The finish is excellent and never show scratches!

Like I said earlier, the action is good on this guitar. The neck is straight and it is really quick. The neck's paint is very durable unlike the white SGs that the back of the neck turns red after you play it a while.

It is a 2006 model made in the USA. 22 fret neck, solid top, I'm not sure of the body material, but I think it's either Mahogony or Maple. I got it with a glossy (shiny) finish which shows a lot fingerprints in light but dont they all? The SG body I love! It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and good action. It only has 1 Volume, 1 tone, and a 3-way control instead of all the other SGs which have 2 volume, 2 tone, and the standard 3-way control (included on this guitar anyway).

OttovanZanten
    A shop not too far from my home has a "Epiphone Sg Special Ltd Zebra" for sale, for ONLY 399 euro's :| That mutch difference in price, just because it is limited? :|