SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

The sound is great. It is great for everything from jazz to rock to metal. I use a Laney Hardcore Max and it works fine, I am looking to upgrade my amp. It has a bit of noise but not much, it has less sound when I use my Behringer Ultra-Distortion pedal. I think this is because of the amp.

For the style of music I play (hard rock, metal, punk etc.) this is a good guitar and gets the job done. I have been playing for 4 years. I wish I had it set up when I bought it. It it was stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it a gain only because I have had so much trouble with the bridge and the jack. The thing I love about this guitar is the sound and the large variety of music genres you can play, I just hate the bridge and the jack. The main reason I bought this guitar is because I wanted a Gibson SG but I could not afford it and I hadn't been playing long enough. When I bought is I had a choice between a Yamaha Pacificer and I chose this basically cause it looks like a SG, but I made the batter choice. The SG is better to play and sounds better than the Pacificer. I still wish I had it set up.

I think it could withstand gigs but I would have a back-up guitar just in case the jack fails. I would also change the strings before a show to lessen the chance of them breaking. It would be fine to be jumping around with because the strap buttons are very sturdy and wont come loose or fall off. The finish would be great. Mine is in a silver matte and is awesome because there is no finger prints so it will look awesome in the lights.

From the factory the guitar is not very good. I have had so much trouble with the bridge it wont stop snapping strings, I have done a little bit of sanding off the sharpness. It helps a little bit. The pick ups are fine. The only thing that wasn't up to Standard was the jack plug in. I have had it replaced about 3 times.

I have had my Epiphone for 4 years. This guitar is made in China and has 22 frets. I am pretty sure they are jumbo frets. My SG is in a silver matte colour and is very nice. The bridge style is a hard tail. It has a tane knob and a volume knob and a 3-way Switch. It has 2 humbuckers. My guitar came with a gig-bag and strap but it was included in a deal.

Timmypadgett
    I've been playing for 4 years and this is my 2nd electric guitar, I've had it for about a year. It has a nice fast neck but it doesn't stay in tune well and the pickups are a bit noisy, however mine has been used and abused. This is a good beginners guitar and is quite sturdy.
    DestinPhil
    well i just bought one for my 18 y/o he was wanting a sg or les paul.....and my bugit didn't afford a les paul.....but he is excited about the sg.....but i liked it for nostalgec reasons....and the weight was great.....it was a very light guitar....