SG Special review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Epiphone: SG Special

Purchased from: Sweetwater.com

This guitar has a kinda full sound great for lead guitar. Not very good for chords and Indie music. Not a very wide variety of sound. Mainly for lead. but you can play songs with chords like the band Nickelback. I'm playing with reverb effects and sounds almost exactly like the real song. THis guitar has great osund quality!

This guitar is a great buy. Very cheap and very lightweight for great playing. Durable and very reliable. I've been playing for about three months and I've learned fast. I play mainly lead guitar and fast slow solos but I've also played chords and wrote some songs using chords. This guitar is e great practice, first learners, guitar but I wouldn't trust it at a Live show. Guitar has a very clean and full sound. Not very good with distortion but fine with a mix of treble and middle. That's about the best you can do with distortion. When I use distortion it makes too much of a static cound and you can't tell the difference between frets and sounds.

Guitar came with a 10 year warranty and I 100% believe that this guitar will last at least 13. Very nice guitar. NOt that reliable in Live shows. Not proffesional quality guitar. Everything about the guitar should last, very durable. I've dropped it about three times and there's still no scratches on it or gouges out of the wood.

Pickups were not adjusted at all good. I was playing and they fell out so I had to take whole guitar apart and fix them. a few wires were shorted so I had to fix them but other than that the guitar was fine. No scratches or scrapes or missing nuts and screws. One tuning peg was loose but that was no big deal. Bridge was fine and everything was fine. I strongly suggest getting this guitar from Sweetwater.com I had to replace all strings oncce I got it in mail. And I did not come with any picks?

This guitar has two humbucker pickups with three way selector(back, front, both)and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. IT has 22 frets with a 24.78 inch scale, red body finsh, (or black. Not very havy, very lightweight great for playing leads. It has Two levys for your strao and comes with a strap. The fingerboard is rosewood and the guitar is a solid body with double-cutaway design. It has chrome hardwood. Laminated body and alder/maple. Stop bar tail piece. One tone control and one volume control.

MoroneSaxatilis
    Rock Boy wrote: Why do almost all reviews have 8.5 or more as overall score? It's a decent guitar but not great! 10 is supposed to be perfect and the scale goes all the way down to 1 for a purpose! I give it a 5 - not terrible, but nothing outstanding.
    I didn't give it that rating- I think you are correct, it's at best a 7 to an 8. It's not junk, but there's MUCH better out there.
    skatertrev
    luketalon wrote: to witty fool: it is really come from INDONESIA???? i can't think,my countries can make this guita....
    It says right on the back of the headstock "100% inspected and set-up in the USA by Epiphone 40." Then there is a little silver and gold sticker that says "Made In Indonesia"