SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

This guitar deffinetly suits my music style, I play a lot of AC/DC, blues rock and classic rock. I use it through a Zoom G1X multi effect and a Crybaby GCB 95 into a Crate GT212. This guitar is not noisy! I can definelty get an Angus/Malcolm Young sound with this guitar. I think part of the reason it sounds so good though is the GT212 I play it though. I have played this guitar through other amps and I sounded like crap.

I have been playing for about 3 years and this guitar matches my playing style and aids me in getting the blues rock tone I like. If this guitar was stolen I would be mad because I like it but wouldn't buy it again. I would definelty buy a Gibson SG Standard. I don't like how there are ony one tone and one volume knobs. I really like to do the Tom Morello toggle swich style of playing every now and then. Over all this guitar sounds great and plays great for the price that you pay.

This guitar can with stand playing gigs and jaming whatever. Seems to be a rather solid guitar and is really light compared to my other guitars. I havn't found any major flaws with the guitar exept lack of pickgaurd. I hate when you have a nice finish and it starts to look like crap after a while.

The action is set up good and the pickups needed a little height adjustment for my taste. The itonation was off a little also. The only things that are messy about this guitar are the Tuning pegs and the pickup selector. A few of the tuners are wobbeling when they don't have unstrung and the selector sometimes makes small "clicks" when being adjusted.

This guitar was made in Indonesia and put together in the USA it has 22 frets, tune o matic bridge, one tone, one volume knob, a three way selector Switch, two pickups, and came with a nice padded gig bag and the warranty, instruction manuel ect. I don't think all of these guitars come with a gig bag, mine is a special rock honor one and I think I only got it because I won this guitar.

beatrocker
    i love this guitar. I've got one with a scalloped neck, and i love the way it plays.