SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Price paid: € 120

It suits rock and metal very well which is what I usually play. I play a lot of Metallica and is very good. Not very versatile because of the 2 control nobs, Very nice sounding though. I am currently using a glx distortion pedal and a crybaby wah. Very nice rich, deep sound. I'm very pleased with the sound.

It matches my playing style very well. I've been playing 4 years and this is my second guitar. If it were stolen I would buy a better guitar but I would highly reccomend buying this if you're a beginner or intermediate guitarist. I love the look of it.The only thing it's missing is a Floyd Rose. overall: a really nice looking, nice sounding solid guitar.

This guitar is 3 years old and still in mint cond. Not very reliable strap buttons. I'll probably get locking ones. Very nice finish but no pickguard but I don't think there's any need for one since there are no chips in the paint at all. Overall very reliable. Could last a long time if looked after properly.

All stock, no custom pickups or anything. Has no flaws what'so ever in my opinion. I bought it 2nd hand(3 years old) and the neck is still perfectly straight, hardly any fret buzz, all the electronics working. Basically no damage exept for a few light scratches.

Ebony black. Good tuners. Ebony finish. Only 2 control nobs; tone and volume. stock tail piece. Rosewood neck. 2 humbucker pickups. 22 frets. non locking tuners but rarely goes out of tune. 2 stock humbucker pickups but very good. 3 way pickup selector: rythm, middle and treble. Fixed, bolt on neck.

rocker12344
    thinking about getting this for my little brother for his b-day seems like it'll do the trick is it light enough for a nine year old?
    Mrfussytabs
    is this guitar heavy? and could you compare the weight to something like a les paul so i have an idea?
    djk55
    Idk about the guitar itself. My one friend that I guess is part of the band has one and it doesn't have much distortion. It's either the guitar with a defect or the manufacturer's idea of doing that. I even pressed off the overdrive u can barely hear the thing. Although its sound stunk on me, the playability on the fret board is great, smooth. I would give it 7*'s