SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

When I got this guitar I was just beginning to play the guitar. Over the past couple years I have developed my style and sound. So for 50 dollars its been doing a superb job. I recently purchased a 15W Marshall amplifier. When I plug my SG into it I get a nice rich and full rock sound it works very well with all of my pedals to.

I've been playing for 2 years now and this guitar really is helping me learn many techniques and skills. With this guitar and my Marshall amp I hope to develop a style that combines a modern style with the incredible, skillfull, and talented styles of great guitarist like; Richie Sambora, Neil Schon, and Tom Scholz.

I am not going to lie my SG has not withstood Live play YET. It has lasted 2 years of everyday use at least as long as I've had it. All the hardware is in the same condition as it was 2 years ago. About a year ago I bought pickup covers to keep dust and dirt out of that area. I plan to use this in my first show at my church, and I don't plan on needing a back up!

My SG was flawless and that is what astounded me! I played it for about a half hour and everything was adjusted right. It all felt comfortable to me. Of course 2 years ago I had no idea what to look for in a guitar. After a while I adjusted the bridge pick up to get more treble out of the guitar. That is really the only adjustment I've made to the guitar.

I purchased my Epiphone SG Special from Guitar Center. I paid 50 dollars for it. The Guitar has 24 frets on top of the rosewood fretboard. Underneath the fretboard is a maple neck thats bolted on to a maple body. The guitar has a nice laminated cherry or ebony finish. The Tune-O-Matic bridge keeps the guitar sounding excellent. The 2 Humbucker pickups give the SG a nice bite to its sound.