SG Special review by Epiphone

Epiphone: SG Special

Price paid: A$ 399

Purchased from: Advanced Music

I've been playing around running this through my Floor Pod and a Randall amp it it really does sound menacing. Very happy with some of the clean sounds I'm getting too and the sustain when driven is outstanding for cheap end humbuckers. It can be a little noisy at times but I just need to watch where I'm facing in regards to the amp.

Well, value for money wise this guitar is outstanding. Sure the humbuckers aren't the best going around but what do you expect for the money? If you so inclined to replace them with some more upmarket ones then this will be an absolute beast of a guitar for the price. I'm very happy with mine and definitely recommend it!

I've only had this guitar for a day so can't answer this one too much at the moment. But as I said, it seems to be very well put together so I'd have no problems hitting this one up at a gig. As mentioned by earlier reviews the strap button on the back of the body isn't overly deep but I'll replace these with strap locks anyway so it's not really an issue. I mentioned the finish is very nice and I can see this holding up for awhile.

The guitar was setup pretty well from the get-go. I just re-strung it with some 10's and adjusted the action a little to where I like it. Intonation seems pretty much spot on. Adjusted the height a little on the humbuckers and it all feels good. The neck I find very comfortable to hold and easy for my fingers to get around.

Well, I took ownership of my new Cherry Red SG Special yesterday and I must say what great value for money this guitar is. I pretty much just got the guitar itself without any cases or anything as I have gig bags lying around the place for it. The finish is very nice and overall the guitar seems to be put together very well.