Tom DeLonge Signature ES-333 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Tom DeLonge Signature ES-333

Purchased from: musikborsen

I play alot of Punk/pop-punk/easycore, it suits my style perfect! It got that in your face sound. I use it with a Marshall JCM 2000, no pedals (just a tuner) and it sounds awesome! Too bad you can't use the guitar in a live or rehearsal-spot eviroment becouse of all the noise, it's a hollowbody so it will feed until the end of time! But in studio, or at home, you must search long to get a cooler sound than this guitar! I fell in love with the Dirty Fingers humbucker and I have it in almost every guitar, but it sounds best in this badboy, it's just bada-s!

I play alot of pop-punk/easycore stuff and for that IN A STUDIO OR AT HOME it's perfect! Not so perfect in a rehearsalspot or at a gig. I also own a Hagstrom Ultra Swede, a Feder Jag Stang and a little bit of pedals here and there. If it was stolen I would buy a new one, I love this guitar and I love tom delonge, it looks really good and its fun to have friends and stuff point at it and say "cool that's Tom Delonge".

I have used it live sometimes and it seems solid! Nothing to complain about. It seems very solid, nothing wrong with it! I don't use it live, have used it a few times but it gives to much feedback when your not playing! The finish scratches of fast, back of the guitar has a bit of scratches.

The action, the intonation and everything else was perfect when I got it! It was even tuned! The pickup was good, but I always higher/lower them to find the sweetspot. The only little complain is that the G string gets out of tune more easily than the other strings. But I heard that about other Gibson and Epiphone guitars! It was perfect!

This is the second guitar I bought, ordered it online, don't know which year or country it's from, but I'm gonna guess 2006 and Japan? It's a 22 Fretboard, rosewood. It's kinda fat neck, not the best neck for me since I have quite small hands, but it's kinda good to play anyway, I don't get tired hands on this neck! Hollowbody "ES" type, has a nice finish, the Bridge is a tune-o-matic and the tuners are really solid and nice. It just has one volume knob and one pick-up. It has the allmighty Gibson Dirty Fingers humbucker wich is by far the hottest and narliest pick-up ever made!