Tom DeLonge Signature ES-333 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Tom DeLonge Signature ES-333

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar

- Amp - Marshall MG Series 10CD - Lead - Venom Professional Noiseless Instrument Cable with 90 jack. (Very good) - Pedal - Boss ME-25 (amazing pedal) - Clean tones - amazing sound, very jazzy. - Distortion - again, a fantastic sound, very "punky" (as it should be) - Effects - sounds very good with effects such as delay, reverb, wah, etc. - Pickup - Gibson Dirty Fingers Humbucker x1 - The best I've ever used.

Style of music - Rock/Punk, Jazz, Metal, Blues. Playing time - 2008-present. "Can I have the Gibson version for this price?" (350). If stolen - Buy a new one. Love - sounds and playability. Hate - Nothing Favourite Feature - Pickups. Compared this to the ES-335, I preferred the ES-333.

I've played it on stage a few times and I've had no problems.

The action of the guitar was very well set up on my guitar. Loved the factory strings, not sure what they were. Currently using Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom strings. - Sounds excellent. My only minor concern was the it was matte and after some use it becomes shiny from where you rest your hand. Looks good though, not too bothered.

Gig bag - Loads of pockets, very useful. Strap - Hasn't broken in 2 years.

MaggaraMarine
    dragonkidkoga wrote: This Gibson has the lowest rating out of the Epiphone, Fender and Squier lol
    This isn't a Gibson and I think Gibson gets lower ratings because the guys that review it can review the guitars. Almost everybody who reviews a Squier or Epiphone or some other starter guitar is a beginner. And they rate their guitar a 10. But if you have a Gibson then you know if the guitar has something you don't like and how it compares to other guitars. Most guitars are reviewed by beginners who have just bought the guitar and they don't take time writing the review.
    bizkitday4eva
    I own Gibsons, American Fenders and many others by I tour with Custom Epiphone Sheratons with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pick ups. I bought this to be my beat-up guitar when I play live and I'm now buying my second as a back up. This sounds very good live. I have an Edge-style pedalboard and Traynor all tube 50-watt head with a celestion v30 4x12. Guitar cleans are a little more dirty/crunchy than usual but that's how I like it. Check out the recording with it at www.scarletembrace.com