Tom DeLonge Signature ES-333 review by Epiphone

Purchased from: zZounds

• 2016, China
  • 22 Frets
  • Laminated Maple
  • Mahogany Neck Fingerboard Radius 12" Scale 24.75"
  • Neck Joint SlimTaper "D" Profile
  • Fingerboard rosewood with pearloid "dot" inlays
  • Fingerboard Radius 12"
  • Scale 24.75"
  • Nut Width 1.68
  • Pickup Gibson USA Dirty Fingers humbucker
  • Controls 1-volume "Cream Speed Knob"
  • Tailpiece LockTone StopBar
  • Hardware Nickel
  • Machine Heads Grover 16:1
  • Color: Brown with cream stripes
  • Weight: 7.7 pounds
  • My guitar did come with a set of strings already put on it however, nothing big. Here are the string sizes and make: Strings: D’Addario 10, 13, 17, 26, 36, 46

It suits my style perfectly. I play music from punk to spacey rock. It has a great clean sound and gets major feedback when distorted. I use a Vox AC30VR Combo and Vox Cambridge 15. It can make dirty, crunchy clean tone to metal-like distortion depending on your amp. That's pretty much all of the variety, but is the best for the job. It gets very noisy when played near the amp or whereas the sound is coming from. From what I believe, you can get feedback from anywhere you play during a concert or show.

The guitar was set up as well as they can get. Quality was on line and it sounded exactly and played exactly like the Gibson model would play. The pickups only move if you poke them down forward. The bridge was a little crooked from straight from the tailpiece, normal, but gives it a better sound. The guitar did contain one flaw that I was not that impressed about. Inside the guitar near the quality guarantee, the model was said to be "Dom DeLonge" instead of "Tom DeLonge."

It withstands live playing at the greatest. It's one of the only guitars I use onstage. The hardware on my guitar will never get replaced with my love of the durability and significance to the tone and sound. I personally do not know about the strap buttons. I switched to strap locks to play shows. I most definitely can depend on it as described above. It seems to wear after long periods of playing, (3-4 years). You can pull a Tom DeLonge and add a custom paintjob and burn it. (Not recommended!!)

I play anything from punk rock to space rock. It fits perfectly with these genres. I've been playing for seven years. As far as to what is associated with this guitar, a Vox AC30VR Combo, Vox Cambridge 15, MacBeth guitar strap, Boss DD-3, and Joyo DW-1. I did my homework and got everything I found out on the internet. I would definitely buy it again if I did not have the money to buy a Gibson model. Don't make me seem ignorant, but I love everything about it. I hate nothing. You can get fret buzz, but you just need to adjust the bridge. I compared it to an ES-335 and ES-339. I chose this one because it gave me everything I wanted and needed and it gave me much simplicity. I wish it had a Gibson headstock and it just happen to end up being a Gibson. Lol Great guitar. Always will recommend.