Vintage G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Vintage G-400

Purchased from: Musique Richard Gendreau, Quebec City

The guitar suits my music style very well, my style being mostly punk and metal (mostly Bad Religion and Rammstein not to name them). I use it with a Roland Micro-Cube amp and it sounds incredibly good. My guitar teacher also played jazz and blues with my guitar and it sounded good too.

If this guitar was stolen, I would definetly buy another one ASAP. I only wish it had the neck strap button placed on "the pointy part" (lol) because the neck always falls when you let it go, but all SGs are like that and that's one of the reasons why I love SGs.

This guitar (and everything that comes with it (hardware, pickups, etc) would definetly withstand gigs. Strap buttons are incredibly solid. I always use backups when I gig, but I don't think I'll ever have to use my backup guitar. As I said before, the finish practicaly looks "un-scratchable".

Everything was perfectly set up and adjusted, and nothing failed me since I bought this guitar.

Made in 2004 in Korea, this 22 fret guitar is just perfect for me. I started playing 3 months ago and I didn't want to pay a lot of money, but still wanted quality. Well I got it. The body and neck are made of mahogany, and I think that the fingerboard is mafe of rosewood. The finish practicaly looks "un-scratchable". It has a tune-o-matic bridge, and a nice SG style body. I'm not sure what pickups are on this guitar, but they sound great and they don't buzz. The guitar features 2 Tone and 2 Volume switches and a 3 way selector. It has Grover tuners that stay in tune very well (except the 6th string, but I still have to go to the shop to let them check that).