Vintage G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Vintage G-400

Purchased from: local store

Playing all corners of rock; funk, metal, classic rock, etc. It's pretty versitile. I'm thinking about upgrading the bridge pickup to something with a bit more output. But with the stock humbuckers is not bad.

Awesome guitar for the middle of the road rocker, in between greatness and beginner. I guess I'm guitar spoiled after owning a 62 Strat for a long time then it was stolen but I couldn't afford anything else. If it were stolen and I magically had 400 dollars again, I'd save up more and go with a better quality guitar. But for anyone without the $$$, definatly buy this.

Definatly good enough for a gig, Georgia Dome maybe not but clubs would be fine. Everything is holding up fine after about a year of constant playing (you have to realize I play this 3-4 hours a day, thats probably the only reason the nut is so worn).

I love the finish on this guitar that is the main reason I bought it. It's very fast and very smooth. You may want to raise the neck pickup a bit but no rush on that. Action was set up very nice from the factory pretty much as low as it could go. After I replace the nut I'm hoping it may go lower. One flaw I realized is that there is a screw over the neck pickup thats in cockeyed. Korean craftmanship for you. No problem though I disregard it and keep on rockin'.

New 2004 Korean made but not noticed. You can tell some of the corners the Koreans cut to make this guitar seem so awesome, for example the nut is made of this almost gel plastic that needed to be replaced ASAP. It were down within a few months. Tuners are very nice. Bridge is also mediocre, if you take it off (which you should not do) the chrome finish is peeling off the bottom. No big problems its just no Gibson. Make the proper adjustments and it is the same thing.