Vintage G-400 review by Epiphone

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Epiphone: Vintage G-400

Purchased from: Elderly Instruments

I play punk abd netal and I just don't really like the way it sounds it sounds kinda twangy and I would have chosen another guitar. I'm using a Mesa Boogie. The sound isnt really that bright and it has like no low end.

Personally I would not recommend this guitar to anyone if your going to go SG spend the extra 100-200 dollars get a Gibson Faded or something cause Epiphone is better at making the Les Paul.

I've played a couple shows with it and it goes out of tune very easy I've had to retune it up to 5 times in a show. I've had to retune it in a song. The strap button let go alot and I have strap lock now so they dont but the positioning of the front strap button is set in a place where when let go of the neck its top heavy and the neck slides down twrods the ground. I don't even play with it at shows now because of its indepedability. The finish isnt there really so it's not gonna come off.

The action on this thing sucked to put it point blank it was buzzy and didn't sound great. I adjusted them but it stll gets the occasional buzz. When I got the guitar there terent any flaws but if your a little harder on your instraments don't get it cause it chipps. Belive me I have a chip in the bottem left corner of the guitar that I'm afraid might spread.

It was made in korea with 23 frets its a medium side neck. Body is mahogany but it doesnt have a finish on it it really looks like an old peice of furnature. It's got a normal SG body. It's got 2 tone and 2 volume knobs and a 3-way selector. It's got non locking grover tuners.