Vintage G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Vintage G-400

Purchased from: Brook May's Music

It suits my music style very well. I play classic rock, almost 90% of which is Kiss. I also have a Les Paul to emulate the feel. I use a 50 watt Marshall AVT pre-amp series with an RP-80 digital effect prcessor, and a Hot Head distortion pedal, and a few bosses. This guitar can play any style it wants to, it just matters how much you try to make it do.

Classic rock is my game, and this is the ticket, but any old Epiphone would do the job I think. 2 years experience, and a Les Paul also. I would get it again if it were stolen. I love the toggle switch. It has never shorted out, and I use it a lot. Others have cheap switches tha do not work. I dont like the fingerprints I make on the pickups, and thats it. As good as any LP. The only thing I didn't have was the tremolo bridge on the custom. When I bought it, it was the day it was discontinued, apperently. Of course, like a month later, it was recontinued, but thats life.

I have used it live and I know it will play fine. The hardware has seen no signs of wear. Strap buttons are fine, just use a good strap, because it wont hang on as well as a high end strap. Yes, I would use it without a backup. Finish is great, much bettee than the picture.

The action and set up were great. Pickups were and are flawless. Yea, bridge had to be adjusted a little, but only for intonation. No body damage or visible flaws, except for a loose wire around the back, but it was expected.

My guitar was made sometime in the last 5 years. Not sure, they never told me. All I know is that it was new. It has 22 frets, and no buzz. It has pearl trapazoid inlays. Solid top. Mahogany body. It has a standard Tune-O-Matic bridge. Obviously a double cutaway, since it's an SG. Active electronics. 2 volume, 2 tone. 3-way switching. Grover tuners. 2 Alnico V pickups.

sTyleFree
    I can second the whole review, made the same experiences the last months.
    mrsi
    can epiphone not make an original guitar, all they do is copy off gibson