Vintage G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Vintage G-400

Purchased from: Local guitar store

This guitar suits my music style perfectly, it has an incredible sustain and a nice, warm sound (like the intro on GN'R's Knocking On Heavens Door)on the neck pickup and the typical SG sound on the bridge pickup. I play al kinds od music. this guitar fits blues, metal, classic rock, punk, everything. I replaced the bridge humbucker for a Gibson tony Iommi signature and after that it sounded even better.

on this guitar you can play from Stevie Ray Vaughan to Angus and ofcourse Slash, and from Trivium to Britney Spears. Everything is possible on this beauty! I own a lot of guitars and have been playing for a long time now, and this axe has allways a special place in my heart. If it was stolen, I would hunt the thief down and stick some crappy Squier Strat up his A-hole (after taking my guitar back) and let him listen to britney spears till his ears would fall of. If It would get lost, I would simply throw myself of a building.

I play it live all the time, together with an Epiphone Slash Signature (modified into a Gibson) and a Gibson SG Standard, and I must say this one is still my axe of choice. I would play this guitar n front of 50000 people without backup. It's a rock-solid guitar!

The guitar plays like he is from heaven, at first you have to get used to it, but after a few weeks playing you can't imagine an other guitar. You can solo great on it because of the very accessible neck. The only little problem is that the guitar has a little downfall, but buy a good strap and that problem is solved. An other thing (like on almost all the Epiphone's), is that the Switch sucks donkey ass. But after replacing this the guitar is great.

The Epiphone Vintage G-400 (SG) is a great guitar. It is korean made, has a worn and Vintage look, 22 frets, A 2-piece Full mahogany body (rare for an Epiphone)and a mahogany neck. it had a nice transparant cherry finish, real Grover tuners and all the other things you expect on a real SG. It's probably the best SG Epiphone has ever made.