Worn Dot Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Worn Dot Studio

Purchased from: Rainbow Music

My style is hard rock/metal so thats why I put in the EMG in, the guitar itself can go high gain (my preferred setting) and for clean sounds I use the neck pickup it suits it very good on both settings so it can put up with my style. My practice amp is a Marshall VS65R my main amp is a Peavey 6505+ with a mesa 4x12 cab with a Behringer pahse shifter and ds-1 by Boss and now a Boss me-25.

As I said I play hard rock/metal with the EMG its a great match without the guitar I'd be playing a starter pack probably. I've been playing about 3 years my other guitars are an identical version of this one and a Sqier starter guitar with SRV pickups I didn't compare this to anything else it stood out for me straight away I love everything except its original pickups so that's what I hate my favourite feature are the tuners (jimmy page used the same model!!!)

The guitar has played with me around 30 shows which it lasted I use it with an identical as a backup the finish seems to be lasting and its very worthy and dependable it s a guitar which will last me a long time hopefully. The guitar's strap buttons/holders or whatever you call them are very solid.

The action is ok and the pickups were in the middle I prefer to lower them on 1 side which I did. The guitar itself contained a poorly cut nut which I sorted everything else was fine. I'm not a guitar expert but everything is good enough to handle a long time of energetic shows:)

The Epiphone Dot Studio (in worn cherry) I bought a year ago was manufactured (I think) in Japan. It features a 3 way selecctor a Master tone and volume a tune o matic bridge kluson tuners and 22 frets (all hardware black). I think the body and neck is mahogany, the fretboard is rosewood. The original pickups were Alnico V Plus hiumbuckers. I changed the bridge to an EMG HZ and with it I reiceived a strap cable and strings courtesy of the dealer.