Worn G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Worn G-400

Purchased from: Music go round

I play classic rock, jazz and blues. I can get a nice-round jazz tone with the neck pup. The Bridge pup isn't the best but I don't use it that much and when I do I roll the tone down a bit, and can get a good heavy zeppelin/the who tone. I can play anything from Eric Clapton(cream) to led zeppelin. I play it through a Fender Stage 160 or a Fender Champion 110, with a Vox v847a wah > Boss blues driver > Ibanez tube screamer(sometimes) > DigiTech jamman looper(when practicing) > amp. It is not noisy at all.

This guitar is a pretty good fit for my music. But I like my Strat better. I've been playing for around 4 or 5 years. I also own a Fender Mex Strat. If this was stolen/lost I probably wouldn't get another one, I'll probably would either get another Strat or a semi-hollow. I wish it had a coil-splitter.

This guitar will be okay for gigs. The neck weighs more than the body so you constantly have to hold the guitar up which will get annoying after a while. The strap buttons are crap, my strap always kept falling off so I had to gt strap locks. I wouldn't go to a gig with out a backup, though my main guitar is my stratocaster, I would only play a few songs with this guitar because of its awkward weight(neck drooping). The toggle Switch on mine gives out, when I go to change I have to move it back and fourth till it turns the pickup on.

the guy who owned it before me set it up and the action was perfect, just when my strings get old, I start to hear dead notes on the upper strings. In my position the "action, fit & finish" was great since I got mine used so I can't really make a good comment for this section.

I got mine used as a gift. It is a 2008 I believe not sure where it was made. 2 volume, 2 tone, and a 3 way toggle switch. Satin red finish with a solid mahogany body and a worn looking set mahogany neck with a 22 fret rosewood fret board. Wornish looking Trapezoid inlays. Grover cromantic tuners. 2 Alnico V humbuckers. A tune-o-matic Bridge and stop bar tailpiece.