Worn G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Worn G-400

It suits my Classic Rock style perfectly for the price. It can give you a nice overdriven Pete Townshend or Angus Young tone. I find the neck pickup to be a little muddy which can be a good thing depending on the song. The clean tones are some what lacking but lets state the obvious. You're not going to buy an SG style guitar to play jazz. The G-400 wants to rock, and rock alone.

It does a great Angus Young impression I play it through a Boss sd-1 overdrive pedal and a Fender Vibro Champ XD amplifier. It sounds really good if you play with the EQ settings enough. I'm very impressed with this guitar. If it was stolen I would probably buy a new one. I love the Bridge pickup it is so crunchy and it gives a great Vintage sound. I tried out the normal G-400 and this one beat it for a $100 less. All in all I love this guitar.

This guitar is a wooden tank. I have dropped it and it didn't even chip the finish or the wood. I have had the guitar for 2 years and the hardware has lasted and never rusted. The bottom strap button was loose but because I use it on stage I have but strap locks on it. I have gigged with it without a backup and it was fine. Usually I bring a backup just in case though. The finish is great, it hasn't worn off or anything.

The action was a little high but it was easy to adjust it. The pickups were adjusted to a nice level; not too high or low. The finish was spotless and is pretty hard to chip. The pickup selector and controls are fine they don't make a noise when I turn them. The only thing I had a problem was with the turning pegs. They tend to turn loose from time to time. It is a SG so it is neck heavy but I got used to it.

I got the Worn G-400(also know as the Faded G-400) in 2009 for Christmas from my Dad so I don't now the year and where it was made. It has 22 Frets and a set neck. It is made out of all mahogany which gives it a nice tone. I have the satin cherry finish which looks amazing! The neck inlays even have an aged look to go with the Vintage feel. It has very easy access to the 22 fret. The G-400 has a Standard Tune-O-Matic Bridge and Grover Tuners. It has 2 Alinco V Humbuckers that give it a classic crunch. The neck pickup is a 57n and it has a HOT-B in the neck position. It came with a hard shell case(no extra cost).

ClickSwitch
    CronoMagus
    I've been wanting an SG lately. I play an Ibanez RG Series which I am happy with all around, but I want to try out a few more guitars I haven't demoed yet.
    FearOfTheDuck
    ClickSwitch wrote: The first thing you might wanna invest in after a set of strings with this guitar is a new Pickup switch, they easily break on these SG's.
    I've had a regular G400 for about 5 years, its been gigged and played like a mother****er and i have never had this problem.
    5lX5TRlNG5
    If you have this or getting this guitar, the pickup switch becomes loose after a few years so if a pickup stops working,just bring it to an expert and they'll fix it for free or like 10$. Nice Guitar overall
    5lX5TRlNG5
    If you have this or getting this guitar, the pickup switch becomes loose after a few years and if a pickup stops working,just bring it to an expert and they'll fix it for a decent price. Nice Guitar overall
    Courtz_
    I owned this guitar for about 5 years until I got a Fender but, it's a great guitar! Especially for the price, I didn't need any work done on it, and I used it during a gig and lasted the set without having to grab my backup! If it's someone who's budget is 200-300 then I wouldn't deter you from this guitar.
    TST2469
    I really just hate the whole worn effect it just annoys me and to me ruins the guitar.... If it wasnt worn id deffs be interested in buying 1 but eh...
    davegrohljr
    I agree about the price being right - I've owned this guitar for a while, and so far for the price, its a great buy!
    Jimmy669
    Why don't you SAVE some money and purchase an American made SG and keep a fellow American working.