Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: GAK.co.uk

Suits me down to the ground, I play metal, tuned down to B a lot, and also a lot of blues. The EMG's have a warm tone in the bridge and a very sharp and striking lead tone in the neck. Full rich sound with no buzz at all. They are EMG's after all. Very easy to do pinch harmonics, which lets face it, it why most people buy this guitar anyway.

Zakk's Signature Guitar, so of course this is built for Metal, and does the job perfectly, I've been playing for 5 years now, had many guitars and this is the best. Until off course I can afford the Gibson! If this was lost or stolen, I would of course have a little cry first, then wend my way down the shops to get another. I will be investing in the other 2 signature models just as soon as I have the cash. A great investment and collectores item. I just love the sound, versatility and weight of this guitar. I has endless sustain. If your moving up in your playing, and need to invest in a guitar, that even the pros would play. Get this one.

This guitar is great live. The only Les Paul I have ever played that you can shred to bits! Hardware will tarnish over time, such is the nature of gold plate, most importantly get some strap locks. Every Les Paul owner knows that these guitars are heavy and if it falls off, well you know what happens. I will play this guitar all night long with no backup, tunes well, stages tunes well, and never goes out of tune thanks to the good old Grovers. The finish has not faded and I dont think it will, I have had it for only a year now, not a scratch on it. A hard waring guitar.

Factory set up was spot on, very low action and I have not had to adjust it since. Pickups were spot on, tight to the strings, no routing problems, the binding is spotless and not a single discoluration or laminate flaw. Perfect.

My review is for the 2005 Bullseye model, made in good old China. 22 frets with big bolck inlays, and a very fast and smooth unfinished maple neck. Similar to a Strats, and this is what brought my attention to the guitar. Mahogony body, hard maple top, neck and fret board. Bullseye finish, with laminate finish. Single cutaway Les Paul. Tune-O-Matic bridge with stoptail. 2 volume and 2 tone knobs. Twin EMG-HZ humbuckers. All Gold Hardware. Oh, and Grover tuners. Pretty good overall.

acdcrockz
    Dude I played that guitar at guitar center and not only does it look cool it plays amazing!
    Kain_Doom01
    The gibbson one, as you may guess, blows this thing out of the water However, if you want to look like Zak, and sound KINDA like him, and have his Wah/Overdrive Pedals, and a Marshall Amp, you can pull off his tone live!!!! THIS is how they should make all their guitars, beautiful, and deadly
    Homer F.