Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: www.Andertons.co.uk

I try to be a versatile guitarist and so I play everyhing from Jazz through to shred. This guitar is capable of both genres and everything in between. Many people have trouble with the fact that the pickups aren't Zakks own EMG 81 and 85 set but having played these pickups on another guitar I must say that I prefer the passive ones as they give an excellent clean tone as well as some great distortion that never really loses clarity.

This is a great guitar for what I play. It is very rugged, sounds awesome and is an excellent guitar. I also play a modified Epiphone SG (I replaced all the hardware and pickus so it sounds and plays excellently) and this sounds just as good as it despite the SG's awesome pickups (Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz combination). If this guitar was stolen I would hunt down the man that stole it and destoy him. I love this guitar. The reason I chose it is that I love LesPauls but being a 16 year old I do not have the money to but a Gibson. I chose this particular model almost purely based on the neck and pickups. I recommend it especially if you can buy it at the same price I did.

This guitar will stand the test of playing live. I have only played it once Live but it was very capable. The hardware will last although after a few weeks the bridge pickup cut out (this was due to the Switch which is often poor on Epiphone guitars. I Payed 15 for a new switch and haven't had any trouble since). Apart from this the guitar is very durable and I believe it will continue rocking for many years to come. I only mark it down because of Epiphone's poor switches.

My guitar had come set up from the shop with a set of Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies (0.10-.046). The action was perfect but the string tension made it difficult for me to bend the strings in Zakks Wylde way. I suggest stringing them over the bridge as Zakk does to reduce tension. I have done this and makes the guitar much more playable and I use gauge 10-52 strings. All Hardware was set up perfectly on mine although I did invest in a pair of straplocks as the strap didn't want to stay on the buttons.

Mine was made in Korea, serial number U06093124. It has a Thick mahogony body with a maple top and the finish is the buzzsaw one. The neck is Raw maple and fills your hand nicely. It has 22 frets (Not the easiest access to number 22 but still good). It has a Gibson style tunomatic bridge and grover machineheads all finished in chrome. The pickups are a passive EMG-HZ set and there were'nt any accessories included.

Phe4rTheGod
    "Whoa whoa, disturbed42 warned. Easy on the harsh words there buddy. b.b-king_19 youre cutting it close as well. checked and comments deleted. let's try to keep it clean kids" is this site ran by FOX??? talk about censorship...
    protestthehero8
    OzzyOwnz wrote: The Novice wrote: I've never understood why everyone loves this guitar, I mean, can someone tell me why ? every one loves this guitar because... ITS THE BEST --- epiphone that is Zakk Wylde Has even used this in-concert sometimes too oh, and hes a REALLY good guitar player. just listen to zakk wylde crazy train
    crazy train? seriously? there are such better zakk wylde/ozzy songs out there. take the song I Don't Wanna Change The World off No More Tears. that song is incredible. and if you really want to hear Zakk Wylde at his best, download the acoustic version of Stillborn, a BLS song. it will blow your mind.
    Shread_6009
    ah, the only one at my store is autographed and probably costs like 6 times what its worth...
    clapton1969
    I picked mine up second hand in a local store, once I brought it home and fixed it up a bit (some of the stuff was loose) it started to play great. Only cost me 370, which was well good, and at some point in the future I'm probably gonna replace the passive EMGs with active 81/85 set. And personally my favourite BLS song is Suicide Messiah, ****ing awesome riff!
    Zertuche
    I was going to buy this but if your going for a sig. model go for the gibson. Bought a PS3 with the money though lol
    kInG_Of_sHReD69
    the epi bullseye is a shred machine... its is close to being the best epiphone on the market, ive had mine for over 2 years now and ive got some emg 81 85 actives in it and it absolutely kicks ass
    Ginger-les-tom
    where can i get emg 81 85s ? yeah i like this guitar, though when i played my last gig my frikin e string snapped ! and snagged me finger ! so now it got blood on it, CUSTOM PAINT JOB DUDE ! looks awsome ! lol
    ruder 2358
    i've had this guitar now for a little over a year and it is amazing. i also use his pedals and pretty much the same amps to get his quality. best guitar purchase yet.
    Multiplayerjon
    Hey, Now if it had the Broken Bullseye from That Loker Shoe by Fallen Footwear... that would be sick... maybe it should have a whammy on there... or maybe just use that Flying V one...
    YYZX
    gjmmh123 wrote: are these any good for punk?
    its a quality guitar, so, no