Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Zakk Wylde Signature Les Paul Custom

Price paid: € 300

Purchased from: co-worker

I play lots of rock, hard rock, rock'n'roll and metal and it sounds okay for my playing style, I did switch the pickups however, normally the strongest pick up is in the neck position for this model since Zakk uses that for his solo's. The Pick ups are okay but I'd rather get some active EMG's in it. I play it through a Cube 80x on the clean channel and use my pedalboard for distortion, chorus and wah. The guitar itself is very quiet, no buzzing or feedback when not playing, nice sustain. The 85 pick up has the most output and normally it's in the neck position, which means your output in the bridge position is worthless in my opinion. The round tone from the pick ups is allround usable.

For my style of music it's a nice guitar, compared to the vertigo it's "the smaller brother" type of guitar. I've been playing for 15 years and I must say this guitar isn't bad at all, I rather play this than my SG, it sounds more chunky and it squeels like a lil' piggy when wanted. If it was stolen I'd be devastated and I'd love to get one again. Too bad it's discontinued. If it only had active pickups.

This guitar is able to survive gigging, it's maple neck won't break that easily and the hardware are of good quality. I switched the strap buttons to straplock systems since the guitar is rather heavy and we don't want it to fall now do we? Since it comes with passive pick ups you won't have to be afraid of batteries running dry while playing. You can absolutely depend on this guitar while gigging, the finish is a polytane layer so it won't damage very quickly (don't smash it on the ground or through an amp, that's for kids). I would play this guitar without back up if I weren't paranoid about breaking strings.

I got this guitar from my co-worker so it was tweaked perfectly! Extreme low action for raging across the fretboard. The graphics look awesome, no dents or flaws. The only thing I didn't like was the pick up positions and the 10-46 strings, I put on 10-52.

It's made in 2005, Buzzsaw graphics (not Bullseye) 22 frets on a relatively slim neck compared to most LP models. The body is mahogany with a maple top and the neck is also made of maple. It comes with the standard tune-o-matic+stopbar set up, Passive EMG 81+85, 2 tone and volume knobs, 3 way switch, grover kidney tuners, I bought it with a case but normally it's not included. Basically, it's a basic LP with a maple neck and flashy graphics.