Axis review by Ernie Ball / Music Man

Ernie Ball / Music Man: Axis

Purchased from: Craigslist

I've own too many guitars even for one lifetime, but this guitar was amazing. I mostly have owned RR models with Duncans in it; any guitar with Duncans has a very full tone and really is filling to the ear. This was my first guitar with Dimarzios, and its sound was so radically different in comparison. The sound is light and airy like paris hilton's personality, but sounds beautiful in my Peavey 5150. The guitar nails the Van Halen, Metallica, Vai, Satch and various other tones. Harmonics on this guitar jump off the fretboard board are so beautiful. The beauty of playing this guitar is that your tone is determined by your playing style and technique. How you play the guitar really shows. You can saturate the pickups with distortion and still the guitar retains such clarity to it.

The axis seems to be an underrated guitar in terms of its tonality, quality and overall aesthetics. The guitar really suits my playing style from VH, to classic rock to metal, the guitar is perfect. I've been playing for four years and really have had every guitar under the sun, I really thought my RR1 was the pinnacle of quality, but this just blows it away in terms of quality and effort put into it. If this guitar was stolen I would find the guy, tie him to a chair, turn my 5150 to ten aim the cab at his genitals and sterilize him by playing eruption.

The quality of this guitar is better than alot of Jackons, LTDs and in certain cases Gibsons I've played and owned. The guitar came with Ernie Ball strap locks which really hold on to the guitar when I play. I would definitely gig without a backup, this guitar is amazing and really the quality of it is amazing. The guitar seems Bullet proof and beautiful.

The guitar was setup initially with 9's and with low action/ The neck is built for shredding and for counteracting the width of the fretboard. My guitar came in a beautiful transblue maple top with a birds eye maple neck. The guitar is pure eye candy. I love the look and feel of it. The Transblue guitar however is a little bright for my taste, but for the price it was a steal. I recently got it setup to half a step down from Standard with 10's and a D-tuna and now the guitar is perfect. I felt 9's were too thin for the tone I wanted and for my fingers to really feel comfortable on the neck. The neck despite being a Bolt-on has a sculpted joint for where the body meets the neck and fits so snugly and perfect that its really amazing to see. The guitar really in terms of quality is amazing.

The Musicman Axis is made of a Basswood body with a bookmatched, figured maple top, with a cream colored binding. The neck is a 22 high profile, medium width frets maple neck and fretboard with 5-bolt neck joint. The guitar has 2 custom wound DiMarzio humbuckers. It has a Music Man Floyd Rose-licensed locking tremolo with fine tuners. The headstock has Schaller M6LA tuners with pearl buttons. It also has a single volume knob and 3 way selector switch.

matt360
    you made my day.
    straycat113
    After more than 20 years as a Fender die hard I am glad I found EBMM guitars which ha been nothing but bliss. I have one of jut about each model except the Luke which I will be adding when the new Luke III come out in HH form ince my Fender till cover all my ingle coil need. I believe EBMM has put itelf at the top of the company produced guitar heep with offering boutique quality without the juiced price tag. The quality of thee guitar are impecable, they are utter tone monter and if you are into look you will find ome of the icket quilted and flamed top and heavy duty figured bird eye and flamed neck all in the 2K range.
    gfreak117
    Ernie Ball doesn't really make a bad guitar if you ask me. I unfortunately have never played one but from everyone I hear who has played one loves them.
    O00Coolzero00O
    They really are and their customer support is spot on. I've read various stories about peoples guitars who had contorted necks due to humidity and quality control issues, but Ernie Ball really takes care of their customers. Every story I read their guitar was sent back and restored back to the initial factory standards and conditions. One woman sent a guitar back when they were moving operations and they sent her a new guitar until they finished repairing her guitar, they lost it in the move found it and sent it back to her and let her keep the new guitar. Hands down just from all the positive feedback I've gotten about their customer support, I was impressed.