Axis review by Ernie Ball / Music Man

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Ernie Ball / Music Man: Axis

Purchased from: earl teat music dover

I play classic rock, and new age metal. So yes, this guitar fits for classic rock, not good for drop tunings. I use a Line 6 120 watt spider 4. Clean it sounds dim and not very twangy but insane its all out classic rock. Great harmonics, good for rhythm.

This guitar is good for one of my styles. It has a great playing neck. If I had a signature guitar, I would def use an Axis neck with a Jackson headstock! Haha! I do love this guitar, but not as much as a portion of my others such as a Kramer 5150, Charvel so cal, Jackson PC1, Ibanez jem, and a few Les Pauls.

I have gigged twice with this guitar when not using a PC 1. It held up very well. It seems to stay intact really well. My strap came off alot, so I just got straplocks. But I depend on it for a backup. The finish is already starting to wear. So I don't see it lasting. If it wears t bad, I'll paint it purple.

This guitar straight when I bought it had a great, low action. Everything was routed correctly. My third fret did die though. I had it refretted. I dislike how the guitar isnt routed for pull back. Could use a nice cleaning every once in a while. There isnt much to say about this guitar. Its a pretty basic peice of instrument.

For starters this is an absolutely beautiful guitar, made in 2009 in California. It is a 22 fret maple neck, with a quilted maple top. Mine is a dark yellow Orange color. It generally looks like a Les Paul mixed with a Tele, which is for some reason what eddie wanted while designing this beautiful guitar. It has an awesome Music Man branded floyd rose, never goes out. It has two DiMarzios. Origin unknown, single volume, three way switch. It has Schaller locking tuners and came with a really nifty but poorly built case.

Gunsguitars69
    Music Man Guitars are like custom guitars. The service and workmanship is tops bar none and I have a direct line to the production line if I have a question and someone always answers the phone. Other than a telecaster, this is the only company I will buy from.
    Gunsguitars69
    What ever this company does, I sure hope they don't sell to a big conglomorate like all of the others. Stay small and keep the standards high. Like stated above, these are boutique, custom shop quality guitars.
    Ruark
    I haven't owned one of these, but every time I'm in Guitar Center I pick up an Axis and play it a little. It's always so smooth and easy to play - makes me feel like I'm twice as good a player as I really am, and has a pure, consistent tone all over the neck. When I get the extra bucks to spend, I'll buy one in a heartbeat.