John Petrucci Signature review by Ernie Ball / Music Man

Ernie Ball / Music Man: John Petrucci Signature

Purchased from: ebay

I usually play progressive rock/metal music, but I also like to play other styles like pop-rock, rock, blues, jazz, acoustic, instrumental music. This guitar suits them all. I plug it in my Boss GT-8 processor and Ibanez IBZ10G. Sound is absolutely great. I usually use bridge pickup for leads and solos, neck - for clean sounds and shredding-type solos, and sometimes middle position for cleans sound, because it sounds very interesting. Also I use piezo/mix sound for acoustic sound. With some of my GT-8 effects it sound like acoustic guitar!!

This guitar is perfect for me and I'll never change it for any other guitar(only if I will be able to create my signature)) ). I like everything about this guitar, because it's beautiful, comfortable, sounds great and because my favorute guitarist uses it.

I haven't giged with this guitar yet, but I'm sure it won't let me down. I will gig with it without any backup. This guitar is totally withstand Live playing. Hardware really seem like it will last long. The only thing is I have to do - is change battary.

Guitar is grest. Pickups, bridge, neck, locking tuners and body - all of this is perfect. This guitar plays smooth, fast and it's very comfortable. Even if you are a begginer your speed can improve, because of the neck. It's really the best neck, I put my heands on. And of course, DiMarzio pickups are amazing too. This guitar has no flaws at all!

Size: 12-1/2" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (31.8 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long) Weight: 7 lbs, 4 oz (3.29 kg) - varies slightly. Body Wood: Basswood. Body Finish: High gloss polyester. Bridge: Standard - Custom John Petrucci Music Man floating tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles Optional - Piezo bridge with solid steel saddles. Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm). Neck Radius: 15" (38.1 cm). Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9 cm) long. Frets: 24 - High profile, wide. Neck Width: 1-11/16" (43.0 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (57.2 mm) at last fret. Neck Wood: Select maple neck. Fingerboard: Rosewood. Fret Markers: Custom JP Shields. Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend. Neck Colors: Standard - Natural Optional - Matching painted headstock. Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking with pearl buttons. Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal. Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets. Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard. Controls: 500kohm volume and tone - .022F tone capacitor. Switching: 3-way toggle pickup selector, with custom center position configuration 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector (when applicable). Pickups: HH - 1 DiMarzio custom humbucking - neck 1 DiMarzio D-Sonic - bridge. My model mas the piezo option, maching headstock, no inlays, sapphire-black finish. Accessories - case, polish cloth, stirings and battary.

Dixie Wolf
    Wow I love how every guitar review turns into an asses Gibson Les Pauls... For the record, I play a Les Paul Standard with the 60's neck. And, oh my God, I play metal and shred! And it sounds great! Anyways, on topic, I played a BFR model last weekend. It was awesome, super comfortable to hold, and the tone kicked some serious ass. However, while I'd love to have one, I wouldn't trade my Paul for it
    DontPushMongo
    icpgettozone wrote: wow when i look at that pice of garbge it makes me wanna hurl. its ulgy as sin. it may sound nice and all but i want a guitar that looks nice. I HOPE YOUR STRING BREAKS POKES OUT YOU EYE. HA HA HA HA THEN YOUDE HAVE TO WEAR A EYE PATCH AND LOOK FUNNY!!! AND FUDGE YOUR MOTHER Guitar_Poet FOR BEIN SUCH A BITCH. HOW DARE YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT A GIBSON LES PAUL.
    the amount of fail in this post is painful to observe. les pauls are not great guitars, especially when you look at the price. they sound good for rhythm but the restricted access to the upper threats makes it useless for leads.
    enselmis
    I just played one of these yesterday at my local quest. and it was the sh1t man!! absolutely top notch, best guitar i have ever played without a doubt. Les Pauls are kinda junky unless you score and find a sick one. Also the new BRF models of this are even more amazing.
    ThatsAgood1jay
    Hey guys, quit slobbing Gibsons knob on the les pauls!. IMHO they are the worst investment any one can make because they. 1) no trem 2) 22 frets of suckage 3) high action 4) the price for a good one is out of your mind high. If you want a good guitar that looks like a les paul, go get an ESP LTD1000. I own this guitar. and it is the best investment in the world. I can be playing hard core death metal one minute. Flick a few switches and turn a few knobs and be playing classical acoustic (because of the Piezo) in just a few minutes. Honest to god, if you are an aspiring mucisian that is strapped on cash. Save save and save until you can get one of these. Because you will never need another guitar.
    GunLeatherGuy
    Wow....what a bunch of immature little dweebs. Ill be 99% of you guys that say its ugly/pos/bla bla bla havent even held one of these! Ive had the best Schecters/Ibanez's/Jacksons/Fernandes/PRS's and have 2 Music Man guitars that are EASILY as nice as the rest of them....much better than most others. You guys have very little idea what you are talking about....and MM putting out lemons and schecters are better..... ba ha ha. When you are done with your Ibanez GIO or OLP guitar and can actually get something nice....you stick with Schecters....please. They make great guitars but they are nothing like MM's stuff. Good luck to most of you.....God knows you need it!
    SupersonicJSX
    I love Music Man guitars. The necks feel great, the body is light and comfortable, and they sound great. Why do people always make comments about Les Pauls. The only good les pauls, were made at the kalamazoo factory. That placed stopped making gibsons in the mid 80s. Which means the only good les pauls are at least 25 years old.
    Lefty777
    Has anyone played both the standard version and the Family Reserve? I know the main difference is the alder body, but aside from features, is the difference in quality enough to justify the price, or are you just paying for alder & the JP inlay?