E-II Eclipse DB Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 01/15/2015 category: Electric Guitars
ESP: E-II Eclipse DB
ESP E-II Eclipse offers the level of quality you've come to know from standard ESP guitars and basses, with high-quality workmanship and professional components.
 9.3
 9.6
 4,540
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
E-II Eclipse DB Reviewed by: regis101proof, on january 15, 2015

Purchased from: Dawsons

Features: A mahogany body with a set neck and active EMG pickups. The ESP E-II Eclipse electric guitar is made in ESP's Japan factory. It offers the level of quality you've come to know from standard ESP guitars and basses, with high-quality workmanship and professional components. The Eclipse 24-fret guitar is crafted with a mahogany body, a flame maple top and set mahogany neck for maximum tone and sustain. The neck has a 24.75" scale and sports a smooth rosewood fretboard and fast-playing thin U neck profile. Active EMG humbuckers reproduce the full range of frequencies faithfully. Chrome hardware features Gotoh tuners and bridge to complete the list of appointments.

Spec:

• Tuners Gotoh Locking Tuners
  • Bridge: Gotoh TOM Bridge & Tailpiece
  • Neck PU: EMG 60
  • Bridge PU: EMG 81
  • Electronics: ActiveElectronics Layout: Vol/Vol/Tone/Toggle Switch.
// 10

Sound: This guitar fits perfect to my style of music. The active pups deliver the tight response and screaming highs. The ebony fingerboard paired with the mahogany body delivers a beautifully rich tonal response from this Japanese hand crafted masterpiece. No matter which brand of guitar I play I never feel more at home than I do with a ESP in my hand. Not ltd esp there is something special about ESP's Eclipse models suit me down to the ground they are comfy to hold in the hand due to the thin you neck contour you wont suffer hand fatigue. The guitar is also perfectly balanced and the locking tuners and high quality bridge from Gotoh help keep this animal in line no mater how much I beat it night in and night out this is a workhorse of a axe and wont let you downit can handle a wide verity of styles but definitely shines for metal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is a typical guitar from the factory it needs a set up after all it came from Japan. It was always going to need so love and attention not in a bad way just I like my action low and they are normally set average hight the finish and loving attention to detail on this beast is second to none each piece handcrafted in hell haha. It is very well put together. With a high spec there is no reason for the price tag for you to be unhappy with any aspect of this guitar and I am not its neck is not to fat the neck is fast the ebony gives it a nice snap and the body gives a more dark tone due to the mahogany. Everything I look for in a guitar it's why I own a few ESP's. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This takes all I throw at it. The guitar is a well put together piece of work. I need a reliable durable guitar and this has all that and then some I've been playing for 16 years and seen a few guitars prob over 50 owned and countless played and this is built to last. I will knock a point off for the new E-II line don't come with strap locks like previous ESP's but good job I had some Schaller ones sitting round but the gold plate covered EMGs made up for this as they are more than the standard ones I'm sure this will have a place in my live rig for a long time. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a groove metal so I require an axe that has a good bass response that can cut through in the mix and this guitar has no problem at all after 16 years of playing I know my way around a fretboard and guitar and this is on the same level as my ESP standard series. There has been a lot of people complaining that it doesn't say ESP that for some reason it's a less of a guitar this is not true at all it is the same beast with a different name on the headstock. I must admit since my first ESP I've been hooked all other guitars I buy are compared to it as a brand and all fall short I've tried most major and not so major brands and even custom built guitars and ESP have done something I just love and as a play makes writing riffs and playing a breeze so if you're thinking of a ltd save some more treat your self to a ESP or now E-II you won't regret it they put Gibson Les Pauls to shame it has all I need as a player I couldn't ask for more if it was lost or stolen I would buy a new one no doubt. // 10

Comments