Eclipse-II review by ESP

ESP: Eclipse-II

Purchased from: digotalplayroom.com

This guitar suits my music style ibn every possible way. I'm into death metal and black metal and all I can say about this guitar is wow! I play it through a Randall RG75G3 (not the effects one) and man this guitar cleans up! Haven't had a chance to play it live but practicing with my band it just goes over everything. It suits more of a rhythm player but you can do shredding and sweeping on it after you get used to it. I had moved from a Strat style to this and it took a couple of days to adjust (albiet I played it constantly) but this just takes and takes everything. The pickups battery lasts about 2000 hours if you spend the money on the battery. I haven't tried it with my Zoom pedal yet because it sounds soooo good already just with my Randalls distortion. It is a bit noisy on full Gain and level but that's easly adjustid with the level. Very good for pinch Harm. wich I use a lot of in my band.

This guitar is magic! If it was stolen I would go hunting for the guy that stole it and I would buy it again and again. Would have been nice if it had one of Alexi Laihos boosters in it. I love the whole guitar over and over. I take it everywhere! Don't let it outa my sight! I was thinking of getting this guitar or a 8000 dollar PRS. But I got this because I think it's very close to the PRS at less cost. And because I would have to save up for longer.

This guitar is a rock! I would happaly gig with it with no backup and the hardware is solid and won't loose the gold finish after lots of rubbing. The paint is on there well. Neck hasn't had any rubbed paint etc ever after lots ans lots on playing! Still on first battery from the factory for the EMG's and they still sound great!

My guitar came from the factory ready for everything! The action is unbelievable and low and fast and everything! The pickups where adjustic perfectly so that they where the same volume on either pickup and the guitar had no flaws in paint work or parts. The bridge was perfect neck was exelently straight everything was ready for drop tunings and everything. This thing doesn't go outa tune! It's amazing! And the black on gold was amazing! looked better in real life than the crappy picture on ESP. Man this guitar is stunning!

My ESP Eclipse-II was made in Japan in 2007. It has 22XJ (Not quite as jumbo as other guitars but a good size) frets and a 24.75" scale set-neck construction with a thin-U neck and 3-pc. mahogany/ebony frets. The neck on this beast is absolutely amazing. Even my guitar teacher was amazed and he knows guitars. It's a Mahogany w/ maple top body and I have my finish in the stuning Vintage Black (VTB). Now the picture just doesn't do justice. The gold binding with black body is amazing and the black finish on the neck is a dream to brush your hands over. It is a Les Paul Takeoff but the ESP just has more edge and flair than a Les Paul. Mostly part to the cut-away with a horn tip. It has a 2 piece Gotoh Tune-O-Matic & Tail and has Gotoh locking tuners that lock automatically and lock down, awesome for drop tunings (such as Arch Enemy or Children Of Bodom). The electronics are Active EMG's with an 81 in bridge and a 60 in neck. Man those pickups roar with everything metal and death metal! It has vol. vol. tone pots wich may be dissapointing to some but not to me. I hardly ever use the tone pot so I don't care. I did get a free ESP case (square case) and tuner Tool, tuner intructions, fret board plastic gaurd, user manuals and about 20 picks. Very good deal for 1400 US. Case is upto everything, I bought this in the US and got it Shipped all the way to New Zealand so the case is very good.