Eclipse-II review by ESP

ESP: Eclipse-II

This guitar definately suits my style. Heavy metal, blues, classical, satriani-ish type..stuff. I own a serious turd of an amp (not even worth mentioning) but I only use the head as a power source anyway. I have a halfstack, lets just leave it at that.lol. I use a Boss GT-10 multi effects/amp simulator pedal. That thing is epic! Just amazing, btw. The ESP with my gt-10 is just the most beautiful thing that has ever happened aside from franks red hot sauce on pizza rolls..uhm..yeah. Anyhow, this guitar w/the gt-10 can sound like anything. In a most excellent way. I did play it through the turd amp dry, and it still sounded amazing. Heavy, tight lows. Crisp (non distorted), bright highs on the clean channel.

Like I said, I play a lot of different stuff and have different guitars for each mood..but! I use my Eclipse II more than anything. Perfect for metal! Just sayin. I would cry my eyes out and possibly sacrifice local cats to the almighty Athiesto if anything ever happened to my esp. I would definately buy another! Can't live without it.

I use this guitar for recording in the studio, but I think I'm going to use it live. Heck, if anything I might buy another one. One for the studio and one for the gigs. Now, here's where my experience may differ. As far as the strap buttons go.. I ALWAYS use DiMarzio strap locks on all my guitars. I never want to test my luck with expensive guitars and the mysteries of uncle gravity. I suggest them..highly. Time will tell with everything else, but 2 years have passed and it still rules! I do baby this thing. I clean it properly and give it the love + maintenence it deserves.

I got my ESP straight from AMS. I will NEVER buy a guitar from a music store again. My ESP got here in absolutely perfect condition! It was like some ancient master from the mountain tops of Japan sent it directly to me as soon as he and his magic dragons crafted the guitar. Not aaaanything was awry. Perfect setup, (somehow) in perfect tune, no scratches... It was very well wrapped and protected. All I can say is Flawless. You can truly tell the amount of pride and hard work goes into making these.

I got this guitar in 2008. I'm not sure when it was made. I know it was crafted by some super genius in Japan. 22 frets. The neck took some getting used to. I got the SW color eclipse, and the back of the neck is painted. Which is my one and only gripe with this awesome guitar. Neck is thin and has a great feel to it (other than said paint). It is a neck thru.. very nice! Solid and holds sustain like no other. All the other specs are the same as mentioned above; EMG pickups, gotoh locking tuners (imo, all guitars should have!) Which are friggin' awesome. My ESP never goes out of tune. I jam hard for a few hours and this baby stays in tune like nothing ever happened.