Eclipse-II review by ESP

ESP: Eclipse-II

Purchased from: Used

This guitar really screams when you put the distortion on, the sustain is unbelievable, its almost like that scene from "This Is Spinal Tap" where you can hear the sustain without playing! I play alot of different genres, Blues, Metal, Jazz, Funk, Post-Rock, Indie, and I have never had a problem with getting a sweet tone that suits the style. You can go from a really nice warm jazzy sound to a bright and clear sound without problem. I'm using it through a Marshall 8100 Valvestate.

I've been playing for 7 years now and I've owned several guitars before, but it isn't till now that I know what a great guitar is like! Really love this guitar, my favourite feature would be the pickups, Seymour Duncans really are quality products.

I'm a music student so I play live pretty often, it feels really good that you can trust that the guitar will stay in tune, cause it really does! I got mine with straplocks, which is a relief that I don't have to worry about the risks of the strap falling of and just focus on the gig! I don't need a backup guitar this will last forever.

As I bought it used, it was ready to play when I picked it up! I have had this guitar since July now and I haven't been bothered with anything on it yet, except one thing! The edges on the body are really sharp! It can really be annoying when playing a gig. Otherwise great it's great.

This is an ESP Eclipse II handmade in 2008, Japan. It has a thin mahogany neck with 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard and the body is made of mahogany with a maple top. It almost looks like an Vintage Les Paul due to the professional distressed honeyburst finish, but the Eclipse has much more of a thinner body which makes it very well balanced. It comes with Seymour Duncan JB/59 pickups, which are very versatile and makes it great for almost all genres. It also has Gotoh locking tuners which will keep this guitar in tune at all times. Comes with a ESP hardcase.

Shentis
    I just purchased an eclipse ii and it was not what I was expecting. String tension felt like playing 12 gauge strings. Strings felt like they were 1/4 in from the fret board. The bridge got in the way when I tried to play fast. Felt like a $400 guitar. Very disappointing after all the positive reviews. Could be I just got a lemon. Some people say you need to play one before you buy but i have to drive 6 hours just for the closest dealer. I bought if from one of the most popular dealers on the Internet.