Edwards E-AL-128 review by ESP

ESP: Edwards E-AL-128

Price paid: A$ 1600

Purchased from: ebay

This thing is made for metal.simple as that. No nonsense single EMG passive humbucker perfect for shredding to chunking riffage. I have beast plugged into a Bugera 6262 and it's too good to be true. The EMG Hz H-4 is great, crystal clear and very defined especially with a lot of distoriton, Harmonics sing easily. I play mainly bodom stuff(big suprise), Arch Enemy, pantera, Megadeth, Metallica, paul gilbert sorta stuff and this guitar handels it beautifly, I was also suprised that the cleans from this guitar arnt bad, actually pretty good, just throw in a pedal and ur good to go. It nails basically any tone that is in the rock/metal/death metal genres.

Like I said I play metal and this thing is any metal players dream. I've been playing for about 2 years almost and own: Jackson kvx10king v(with DiMarzio superdistortion and the breed pickups), samic Les Paul Copy, while these guitars r good thety don't compare to the edwards. If this thing was stolen id: 1-brutally as possible attack the person Who stole it. 2-decimate their grave for all eternity 3-buy a Dean guitar or bc rich and use the headstock to impale them once again. 4- sell the Dean and get an edwards. I love every aspect of this guitar, I don't mind if it only has one pickup, when ur playing metal there's only so much versatility you need and this monster can handle it. Anything I wish it had?.. Hmm. I'd say a smaller price tag but it was worth the money.

Live playing, definetly it will stand up to it, but because it's a "v" it has pointy edges so gotta b careful.Hardware is looking good, not much of it but it's gona last.Stap lock are ok, I'd prefer some locking ones, but that's a minor thing.I would depend on this without any hesitation, it's the most gig-able axe out there, it's a beast.finish is rock solid and will definetly last.

When I got it, it was tuned in Standard E, me playing death metal immediatly changed it into dropped C, and did some Floyd Rose re ajusting, after that OMG, it was perfect, no fret buzz, low action, perfection..pickup was good no cosmetic flaws at all, the paintjob is perfect.

Made in Japan. Alder Body, Maple NEck thru, Ebony Fretboard, 24 xtra jumbo Frets, Sawtooth Inlays, Scale 25,5" (648mm), 1x passive EMG HZ-H4 Humbucker Pickups, 1 Volumecontrol, Floyd Rose original Tremolo, Finish Black with white Pin Stripe,GOTOH SG360-07 tuners. Thin u-shaped neck.

allaho09
    I have a edwards AL 128 scythe in white and would sell it out of California in case anybody is interested.