Horizon NT-7 review by ESP

ESP: Horizon NT-7

Price paid: € 1600

Purchased from: Local Music shop

So An EMG 707 and 81-7 - Brilliant pick up's for anything from Standard rock to Ear blistering Death Metal! Thats why I love the sound, I play mostly Metal and and this guitar gives me anything from the most bitting and screaming sound to the heaviest metal sound. The 707 is obviously a lot thicker and better for playing on clean. The clean sound has a little bit of crunch, perfect for rock. I wouldn't recommend this guitar to jazz or blues players! LOL

As it's my first 7 it's hard for me to compare but I've had a fair few guitars and this one has to be my favourite, it suits my stlye of playing brilliantly, it's extremely comfortable, great for Metal and just one hell of Kick ass guitar!

Well I haven't had it long and I haven't gigged with it yet so it's hard to say. However the Gotoah Magnum Lock tuners are incredibly reliable, I rarley need to tune the guitar and if I do change the tuning it only takes a few minutes to settle.

The guitar was quite well set-up in the factory, even though I bought it from my local music shop I'd had it ordered in and all the salesman did was tune it before I came to pick up it. I changed the strings as soon as I got home, I put 11 - 70 's on, and set the guitar up accordingly, but I felt the thickness of the strings was too much and killed a lot of the tone of the guitar. I then changed the string to 10 - 58's (re-set up the guitar) and I think it's given the guitar a lot more tone and playability. Set-up correctly the guitar plays like a beauty however I did have some trouble with the Bridge as it was a bit stiff to be begin with. Extremely comfortable to play as the neck is a lot Thinner and narrower then any of the other 7's I've tried, very easy for soloing and getting down to that 24th fret! I Personally love the finish, it obviously needs polishing quite often but I put that down to a labour of love!

Neck-Thru-Body Construction 25.5" Scale Alder Body Maple Neck Ebony Fingerboard 45mm Bone Nut Thin U Neck Contour 24 XJ Frets Black Nickel Hardware Gotoh Magnum Lock Tuners Tonepros Locking TOM Bridge EMG 707 (neck) and EMG 81-7 (Bridge) Finish: Black I'm not sure why but mine arrived with an EMG 81-7 in the Bridge instead of 2 707's as stated on the ESP website but I prefer the 81-7 anyway. Controls Master Volume 3-Way Toggle Master Tone Hard case included in full price!

bustapr
    OurRequiem
    A horizon nt-7 as your first 7 string? holy shit. going for gold. lol, they are brutal though. nice guitar.
    MRoby
    Looks like a great guitar. That neck-thru looks AMAZING! Real ESP's are much higher quality than Schecters. And, coil taps on EMG's = fail. I would only put them on lower output humbuckers, imo. -->My Opinion
    YJGB
    bustapr wrote: now for the inevitable. It always comes down to any 7 string vs a schecter(or agile), I cant get this for that...pricetag, or I can get a good hellraiser 7 with similar specs(except for the neck), and with coil taps, for less than half off, maybe 1/3 of the price. Not bashing or being a fanboy, just saying this is a hell of an expensive guitar. Im guessing this is an ESP, do they make an LTD version?
    They don't make that specific model, but they do make the ESP LTD MH-417. About the same specs except for the tuners.
    theIronCurtain
    Hey guys, if you're an owner of a Fiat, do you go to the Porsche site and complain about prices? Quality costs, but some people seem not to realize that... And the guitar in itself - piece of art. Good review btw!
    THRASH-METAL
    this looks awsome, id love to have one. the ltd deluxe h-1007 looks a little more reasonable, price wise.
    ProgJazzMath
    ESP makes a damn good LTD model I believe, that is a 7 with EMG 707's and it's around 699 dollars.
    Pat_s1t
    I want an ESP Horizon so much. I think when I get enough money scraped up I'll sell my MH-1000 NT for the Horizon NT-II counterpart. Oh, and welcome to the SSL bro!
    Mahabajaba
    The thing people must remember about the price tags on ESP's is the quality involved. If you don't care so much about your wood grades and the like, sure go for something cheaper, but I have never heard of such thing as a bad ESP and that makes them worth the price.
    celticstorm84
    Great guitar. ESP makes a great instrument. As expensive as this one is I'd buy it in a heart beat if I had the dough.
    EpiExplorer
    Too expensive for what it is. My RG1527 beats it and thats nearly half the price.
    Boomerrat
    I have owned a few esp guitars and a couple of ltd namely, Ltd Ec 500 Ltd Ec 1000 deluxe Esp horizon Fr 2 Dbsb I have to say ltd are a lovely guitar but I cannot help opening the case and feeling very pleased with the Esp it is flawless, came set up fantastically, sounds amazing and is very versatile, I know a different beast from the 7 string but after seeing / feeling / hearing the difference I wouldn't ever consider buying any other guitar. Less than a les Paul better built! Worth going the extra mile if you can.
    Steveohh1
    The ltd ec 407 is quite similar. But this one is well worth saving for. I would easily fork out 2 grand to own a ESP over an LTD any day. I'd be just as happy but having ESP quality is what I want my next guitar to be!