LTD Alexi-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Alexi-200

Purchased from: Andy Owings

The Alexi-200 is perfect for and Children Of Bodom songs. I'm using a Fender amp and Boss metal distortion and it's sounds unbelievably great. Not noisy and it has a rich deep sound. Great for harmonics and anything involving the tremolo system. Not very much to say about it other than the fact that it sounds amazing.

I play basically ever genre of metal and this is a perfect match. I've been playing for about 5 or 6 years. If got a Gibson SG and a Samick tr-1 with a Fender amp and Boss pedals. Nothing I wish I asked and if it were stolen I would hunt the bitch down and if I lost it I would call myself an insane f--k and kill myself. I luv everythin about it. I luv the Floyd Rose licensed the most bcuz SGs and TR-1s only have tune-o-matics. The only thing I can compare it to would be the Jackson Rhoads, but only for the shape. I've never played a Jackson so I don't kno about the sound. it's got everything I've ever wanted out of a guitar. Perfect.

This guitar is fantastic for Live playing. Alexi is constantly on tours with his ESP signatures so they were made to be durable and take a beating. Hardware has lasted and will last for a long time. Strap buttons are solid and can hold a good amount of weight. I've used it at gigs before without backups but with and SG in a different tuning. And I'm sure that the finish will last and wont wear off.

It was set up perfectly and it has a properly bookmatched top and a properly routed bridge. The only flaw on mine is that it has a small chip on the bottom where the two part of the V meet. But who cares the store fixed and I got $100 taken off the price. Bt everything else I perfect.

This is another crazy Alexi Laiho signature guitar. This is the american ESP version of the Jackson randy rhoads (go to espguitars.com to get the whole story). It's got 24 Jumbo frets and a 25.5" neck scale with a maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It's also got a basswood body (which is fairly lightweight). It comes with either a black of a white finish. The body style comes from the Jackson randy rhoads the ESP Edwards SV and it has Floyd Rose licensed tremolo instead of the original. it's electronics are passive and has only one volume control to got with it's one EMG-ESP LH-300 pickup. it's got the Standard ESP-LTD tuners and black nickel hardware. it's also got alexi's signature sawteeth inlays.

Jonjy2
    Dude, everyone is bashing this guy...Chill out. If he wanted the guitar, he got it. You don't hafta igf you don't want to...
    p2fyre
    p2fyre
    it's an alexi signature model.. if you want alexi's sound then you'll want the same woods and pickup. I know it's personal preference between alder/basswood, but as a signature model.. alder is what alexi uses.
    tijsus
    The Alexi-200 is perfect for and Children Of Bodom songs.
    S.D.M.F.
    p2fyre wrote: the 600 version blows this one away. Alder body > Basswood A real EMG > ESP copy Neck-thru > bolt-on OFR bridge > licensed FR bridge Ebony fretboard > rosewood Grover tuners > standard ESP ones The 600 is well worth the extra cost in every way. The 200 is cut back in every single department
    Dude, your a f***ing twat, if we could afford the 600, do you think we'd buy the 200?
    Assassinate
    Here the guitar has one pickup and like the other alexi models, has far too steep a price for something which such limited electronics and tone
    SyinX
    I mean... Would you tell a beginner to buy a RR1? Would you tell a professional to buy a cheap Fender rip off?
    The*Reaper
    Couldn't you just get a crappy guitar and switch out for good pickups for a nice sound?
    Jdfs1
    tijsus wrote: The Alexi-200 is perfect for and Children Of Bodom songs. , it would be really terrible if the guitar doesn't fit CoB music, but is it suitable for other 'softer' styles?
    haha, ya it would
    Chrisiphone
    erithlon
    could somebody help me? how do i do that shit when you see someone typed like: AssKisSer wrote: Blabla glablakalbla! (and then someone wrote like a comment here to that comment how do i do that?
    SyinX
    shredmanwalking
    Chrisiphone wrote: Id rather blowtorch my nipples off and BulletCrazy please do everyone a favour and shut up, just because you bought one doesn't mean its the best guitar in the world Cheap LTD sigs aren't worth the money
    yeah they are man. this is a nice guitar man.
    shredmanwalking
    SyinX wrote: Truthfully, I found this guitar quite well worth the money. I mean, sure, the Other sigs may be better. The RR3 may also be better. But still, you can't have a go on a kid for loving his guitar. I own a RR1, RR5 and a RR24. I truthfully enjoy myself most on the Alexi 200, not because it's the best guitar in the world, but it feels like ME. I mean, if everyone thinks the Gibson SG is one of the best guitars in the world, why don't you see every guitarist playing it? If the RR1, RR3 or RR5 is so good, why don't you see Steve Vai, Satch, or even Synyster Gates playing it? Everyone has their own guitar. Doesn't matter if it ain't the perfect quality guitar, it's just YOU. So let down easy on the kid, no?
    you have an excellent point. you just have to find the guitar that is "you"
    shredmanwalking
    the only thing i have to say about this guitar is its very nice and comftorable. the only problem is i found it hard to learn how to do certain techniques by the shape of the guitar since i bought it about a year after i started playing. im getting a schecter c-1 hellraiser soon =]
    Affee
    This guitar costs 1200 bucks new here in Norway where i live...
    Affee
    This guitar costs 1200 dollars here in Norway where I live...
    McMetal
    its a good guitar, except for the stock pickups. They are sort of weak sounding, as if you didnt have the distortion turned all the way up. Once you get a new pickup its fine
    ZOMG_A_COW
    It's still not that bad with the stock pickup, everyone says the stock pickup is horrible, but it's actually not that bad. People are just really picky, I guess.
    METAL MILITIA1
    is the RR3 exactly the same price or a bit more expensive because i am considering either of these for a next guitar I live in Australia btw so I'm wondering what the price is here and i saw the alexi for 1000 but i haven't played an rr3 yet but from what i played on an RR5 i have a good impression on the whole RR series
    shadowsofbodom1
    ok, everyones already said the alder/basswood preference thing, the emg might be real but its still passive and there forth not much better, ill give it the original floyd rose those r very nice, ebony fretboard is still another personal preference thing and whats hte point in haveing locking tuners if u have a locking brigde? honestly....dumbasses
    BulletCrazy wrote: DUDE IM 13 AND I GOT THIS YESTERDAY I NOT GONNA SAY IT SUX ASS SO SHUT UR MOTHERFUCKIN MOUTHS A GO FUCK URSELF
    leave the cursing to the professionals
    Metallic_Blood
    Come on if everyone is being honest and fair, this guitar does not desreve a 10 in anything, its the bottom end model. Its not a bad guitar for the money, not by any stretch of the imagination. I'd never want a guitar with a bolt on neck anymore though, unless it wan an ibanez, and i don't like the edge trems, (edge 3 in particular). Nope, through/set necks and floyd rose for me. And "designed" pickups from any manufacturer are instant fail. EMG and Seymour Duncan all the way.
    BulletCrazy
    Well i actually have played a vbt 700 but only for about 10 minutes. It was very good and performed great. Im not sure how durable it is and the sound was out of a marshall microstack so of course it was gonna sound good so i cant really compare it to the alexi 200 except that the alexi 200 just sorta feels better to me for some reason. I might just not be an ibanez type of person. But dont spend all that money just based on what i have to say... try to find a store and try it out yourself if u can
    adamtoddprs
    I was pointing out the fact that people will tell you you should have bought guitar a over guitar b (the one you bought), but when you look at the reviews for guitar a, everyone there is saying you should buy guitar c because it is a little better than guitar a. You're "wrong" no matter what you buy, I guess, because there is always a "better" guitar. And why do you think I'm rich? I have accumulated all my gear over the course of like 8 years with careful budgeting and saving, not being rich (I only make $22,100 a year).
    BulletCrazy
    Yeah thats a good explaination. Theres no such thing as a perfect guitar that everyones gonna love. And i will admit that my review is biased but so r most of the reviews for other guitars on ug.com.
    phenom1991
    Sure. Only way to know whats the right one is to play one for a long time or try one out at store several times. Ofcoures theres nothing everyones gonna love. IF you had got the RR3 people would be whining about the RR shape. Theres always something to nag about :p
    Naroth
    I'm planning buy a esp ltd alexi 200, and replace the pickup with one seymour duncan ahb-1b, what's your opinion ? If I do it, the ltd alexi 200 would be better than the jackson kvx10 ?
    Naroth
    Between the Ibanez vbt-700 and the ltd alexi-200 wich guitar is better ??
    phenom1991
    ^yes...facts can only go where facts can. Quality is better and components but you might like the overall feel better in the Alexi-200 and then its the right guitar for you.
    Naroth
    hahaha I' m not an Ibanez man, I have one kramer pacer 1984, one kramer focus 2000 1986 and one krmaer baretta 1987.... I 'm looking for a v shaped guitar with 24 frets... And I was thinking buy the alexi ltd-200.
    phenom1991
    Well specswise the ibanez V is loads better...its god dimarzios and is neck thru. No tremolo though and its still a ibanez=Major differnce in neck and feel to an ESP.
    Naroth
    well in your opinion wich guitar should I buy the ibanez or the ltd? I want it to play death metal and I like COB but I don't want to be another "wanna be" of Alexi
    phenom1991
    I don't know man. I would get the Ibanez V though since its top class and i really like it. Its good for death metal. Also you dont have to be wannabe owning a alexi signature...you just might like it plain and simple. My advice is that you go try out both! Then decide.
    phenom1991
    yes no problem The specs difference in ibanez and alexi-200 Neckthrough>Bolt on Dimarzios>EMG copies Fixed bridgeFloyd rose 2pickups>1 pickup(this is also a matter of taste)
    Naroth
    And between the jacksom rr3 pro and the ibanez vbt700 wich guitar is better ?
    phenom1991
    ^No it doesnt...kinda what you prefer. Ibanez vs. Jackson Dimarzios=Seymour duncan fixed bridge >< Floyd rose 2 pickups = 2 pickups Neck through>Bolt on The bolt on is good on the RR3 though...i like that particular guitar very much.
    Step Hen
    Everyone just shut the **** up. Pussy bitch guitar bashers... If he likes his guitar then good for hime. Fuck you people... I like what adamtoddprs had to say. and jesus christ phenom1991, pms much. How much ****in time did you spend sitting on your ass and talking back and forth critisizing people who you've never met and wouldn't even recognize if they bumped into you at the grocery store about a ****ing guitar you think isn't that great. I have an LTD AX-260 with the same pickups and I don't think thier weak at all and that has an agathis body...yuck!
    Veroth
    common guys why are we bashing eachother well i have to say i like the 200 model though the 600 is undoubtebly better, and i own a RR3 and i love the neckthrough but what makes me giggle like a giddy little school girl is the cutaway on the 200 model, i love it. and to be honest i prefer passive pickups, but thats just personal preference and i know im gonna get bashed for sayin it. but common guys we're all entitled to our own opinion and there is absolutly no reason for you to inflict it upon someone else when they have different tastes. well this is a great buy in my opinion, but do research before you buy it. and definitly dont buy it if this is your first time with a trem on a guitar cuz this will lead to numerous headaches.