LTD Alexi-200 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Alexi-200

Purchased from: musicians friend

This guitar is perfect for anu entry level guitarists who are into metal, and also great for advanced metal players. It can do CoB (no sh! T) and a ton of other heavy bands like Machine Head and Slayer. I'm currently using it through an Sp-10 so it's horrible, but I did use it with my friends Randall on the high gain settings and it was awesome, but the pickup was really noisy wen not playing. Don't really use any effects besides wah and it handles it beautifully, and io had the chance to try other effects and they all sound great. This sound is a straight up metal ax. Distortion is were this guitar shines, it responds to pinch harmonics very well, and is perfect for shred. The cleans are ok, but honestly, ur not getting this guitar for the cleans.

I play any genre of metal and this beast does it perfectly without breaking a sweat. I've been playing for electric for 1 year and classical/ Acoustic for 5. I have a Squier SP-10, an Affinity Squier Strat, Line 6 uber distortion, Dunlop Crybaby, and a nameless Acoustic and a nameless classical. The only things I wish this guitar had was scalloped upper frets (20-24), but that's easily done, and a through neck, but upper fret access and sustain is good, so that's not an issue. If this was stolen, I'd try to find the guy and take it back, if I had no luck, I'd probably save up for another guitar, something like a BC Rich Warlock, or a Schecter.

This is like what alexi uses on his tours around the world, and since he has no problems I think this guitar is truly gig worthy. I myself use it live without a backup and it has never let me down. the Floyd Rose does seem too good to be true for a licensed trem, I've had it for about 2 months now, and it's still perfect. the finish on it is amazing, I got it black at first then shipped it back for white, which I found better more unique since most of my friends have black guitars, like I said before there were problems with the finish but other than that perfect

wen I got this guitar it had the factory setup, the trussrod needed a little adjustment, the action needed fixing, and the pup was too low. The floyd was set up properly, contrary to everything else. After 30 mins of tweaking this beast was good to go. Wen I got my one there was snall chip near the neck and a crack on the bottom horn, but I figured since I was gonna add some black stripes to it, I would just redo the paintjob.

Simple effective guitar. The body is essentially a Jackson RR, but with a longer bottom wing, and the newer models have a bigger cutout to allow easier upper fret access. Bridge humbucker, 1 volume control, licensed Floyd Rose trem, 24 frets, 25.5" scale, basswood body, rosewood fretboard, jumbo frets, thin you maple neck, bolt on, and my favorite part, the sawtooth inlays. Made in china, not sure which year tho. The pickup is a passive ESP/EMG, its not terrible sounding but not amazing, has decent cleans and nice distortion, but its noisy wen the gain is low. ESP ocking tuners, but they always go out of tune before you manage to lock them, so I'd spend ages just to tune my guitar. I gave this a 6 cos the pickup wast that good and the tuners suck, and I would have preferred a neck through, but amazing for the price.