LTD Alexi-600 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Alexi-600

I do a lot of down picking and legato techniques and I enjoy playing things such as cannibal corpse, Arch Enemy etc. and it really does respond well. I run it through a mesa/boogie dual recitifier (buy it it's awesome! ) and in terms of effects I use a Ibanez tube screamer for distortion sounds and a Boss super overdrive for solos. I have various other delays and chorus but I tend not to use them.The EMG pickup (passive) is not my favoured pickup as I usully play active pickups but it's good for what it's worth. There are hardly any fuzzes or any other noises and it's great for noise-gate stuff. if you turn down the volume you get a sweet bluesy sound (ur hardly gonna play stuff like that on this axe! ) a crank it up again and if gives you that ballsy almost les paul tone. Apart from the pickup it's awesome!

Wow! what can I say. it's a awesome guitar a few problems here and there nothing to big. As I said it's a shame about teh pickup but I aint gonna change it! it's great though it's abit expensive but it's great. Thanks for reading and don't forget to add me!

I play in bands and it does hold up well I've had beers and stuff like that and there was no sticky shit on the finish. I've never ever broken a string on stage either. A strap button has fallen of but I placed it on again and it seems to be fine. the hardware is fine, none of the black has come off, then again I don't think grovers wher-out easily!. this is definetly a trusty and relieable guitar and plan to keep on using it till te end of time!

I didn't have to set-up this guitar. it already had a low action. it's neck-thru, which rules, and it's got no finish on the neck so it's extra fast. The Floyd Rose bridge was setup just right and from what I can see it has no dings or scratches. My one is white white with black pin-stripes but you can get it also in black with yellow pin-stripes. Although I'm giving it a good a good revuew in this departmwnt so far it did have a very loose volume pot which was SSSOOO pissing me off!

It has 24 frets, alder and a maple neck which is one of the fastest necks I've ever played. It also features a very shiny ebony finger board which gives of a very clear tone. it has one volume controling the single EMG hz fh2, unfourtunatly it's passive but I think it would be a shame to change it. grover tuner (black) and neck through body. overall very nice.