LTD Alexi-600 review by ESP

ESP: LTD Alexi-600

Price paid: A$ 3000

Purchased from: Cranbourne Music

I play in a melodic death metal band and it is absolutly perfect for it, I play it through a Line 6 Spider valve 3 head and Randall cab and it sounds really chunky on my distortion setting. Cleans are a little too boosted but its to be expected with just the one pickup. it doesnt't have much of a veriety but it is a signiture so its aimed at people who want to play the same sort of music as Alexi.

As I stated above I play melodic death metal and this guitar is perfect for it. I've been playing for 5 years now and haven't played a guitar better than this one. It wouldn't be much good for blues or jazz but you wouldn't buy one for that now would you. Anyone who plays heavy music needs this guitar.

I am positive this guitar will stand up to a beating live. I always carry a backup but I doubt I will need it with this. Came with strap locks already on the guitar and the locks for your strap if you don't already have them, so no worrys about it falling off. The finish is definately heavy duty I've knocked it a few times and no evidence of the hit.

The guitar came perfectly setup, perfect action, low enough to be fast but high enough to eliminate fret buzz. The pickup was perfect distance from the strings. All details had been double and triple checked. The only downside was the stock strings which I found a little light but thats because I play in drop c, if you play in Standard or drop d it would be fine.

This is actually a review of the ESP Alexi Blacky but this is the closest category to put it under. Its a 2010 Japanese made ESP. 24 frets (top 6 are scalloped), Original Floyd Rose bridge. Passive pickup. 1 volume knob and gain boost switch. included was a hard case.