LTD AX-260 review by ESP

ESP: LTD AX-260

I'm a metalhead, and this guitar is perfect for that. Great sound coming from it. I use a Crate Flexwave 120/212 and it sounds really heavy with the guitar. One problem is that the clean is not the greatest sound from this guitar. It's ok, but not the best. But this guitar was made for metal, so yea, the clean isn't what should be focused on.

I play metal, and this guitar is perfect for that genre. Great heavy sound from it. I've been playing for a little over 2 years. I own a Barracuda les Paul, a Denver acoustic, an Ibanez SA120, a Washburn baddog amp, a Line 6 spider 3 15 amp, and a Crate Flexwave 120/212 cab. I wish I had asked if it played a good clean sound but w/e I wanted this for the metal. It it were stolen/lost I would buy either the Ax or the Ex. I love the shape of this guitar, looks like a weapon. Made for a real Metalhead. I dislike the pain it causes to my chest, but it's not much as long as I don't hover over the edge. I had to choose between this or the Ex 260. One of the main reasons wh I chose this guitar over the Ex was because of the fret inlays. Custom Tribal looks pretty awesome compared to dots. I wish it had a tremolo so I wouldn't have to switch guitars for some solos but other then that it's a sweet guitar, well worth it's cost.

I've had this guitar for a day and well, that's not enough to elaborate on its durability. the strap buttons are solid, for a gig that's pure metal, you wouldn't need a backup but if you play some clean songs then I suggest another guitar. I'm sure this guitar can survive Live playing as it's preety strong and an ESP.

It was setup quite well when I got it. No flaws, everything was right. The pickups were perfectly placed, although I would recommend getting some EMG 81s on there. But that's to your preference, these pickups are fine. Like I said nothing was wrong with it when I got it.

My Ax was made in Indonesia. 24 XJ frets are on this baby. The body is made of Agathis, neck-thru, the neck/finger board-mahogany/rosewood. Tune-O-Matic bridge, string thru body. 1 vol, 1 toggle, 1 tone. nice and simple controls. 2 EMG LH 300 pickups. Pretty good features, the one problem with the shape is the edge jabs into teh chest if you play sitting down. Other then that it's a wicked body.

Kane Pharr
    Awesome review...Awesome Guitar... Perfect combination of Style and sound... A must have for any self-respecting Rocker!!!
    Step Hen
    I have this guitar and your review does it justice. FYI...This thing is so solid, I dropped it, whakked it and not even a scratch. Also you can kinda get a clean sound by using the coil tap feature (pull out the tone knob).
    GlennNigel
    Is it possible for me to change the pick ups to a emg 81 on this LTD AX-260 ???