LTD AX-350 review by ESP

ESP: LTD AX-350

The AX-350 delivers a crunchy roaring sound that no other guitar has when I add lots of distortion and high treble. I have used it through quite a few amps, but the one I'm using now is the Marshall HDFX half-stack. For some reason when I am facing diagonal to the side of my amp you don't get as much width and mid to the sound, which is odd. You can also juice a nice mellow jazzy sound if you have the right settings. This guitar is quite suitable and all-rounded but it's never going to tear through mortal flesh unless you'v unlocked it's full potential, which is full distortion mode. Honestly, this guitar was designed just for metal.

I'm usually playing some chunk, and this guitar serves me well. I'd like to think this would be so much better with a Floyd Rose or a whammy bar of some kind, but since it is string-thru it's not going to happen. Anyways ESP I'd like you to think about that one! I own a beaten up bright cherry Fender squire, The AX350, A Walden Classical guitar and a Sonic Acoustic (I don't know what the series is or anything) And out of the lot this is the most expensive, coming upto $1800! Which has dropped by 300, so those who are thinking about buying this can do so and save some cha-ching. Sadly the manufacturers of ESP have discontinued the product, and added more guitars in the AX series. So if you ought to buy one, your going to be getting it second hand or looking at your bare palms.

This guitar has pure solid steel balls. I'v knocked it over count-less times, stepped on it and even spilled water on it. And to this day it is still in pristine condition, and acts like there has been no abuse in its history. I could depend on this guitar at a gig, but I would probably have to get the wiring fixed since the audio cuts out every now and then when I hit the volume. On the finish is a load of indents and backlashes, but an audience could never spot one! The AX350 was certainly built to last. It has indeed been 2 years with this, and it still produces some phat shizz.

I had no problems with the action. However I did have some fretbuzz along the tenth fret on A and D string, which was probably from the previous user. Gaybuzz. But ah well. Nonetheless, I received the guitar with nothing but a few back lashes.

The ESP AX-350 was made in Korea, but raised in NZ by a neglectful owner, Until I picked it up. -This fearsome beast delivers a warm tone straight from the two passive EMG HZ Pick ups, sitting above a grim tune-O-Matic bridge. -Mahogany BC rich warlock-like body covered in an evil black gloss finish. -Set-thru construction. -Three piece maple neck -One tone, One volume, Three way toggle. The one thing I didn't like is how broad and uncomfortable it is to cradle such a thing. I get jabbed in the thighs by the cutaway all the time. And I generally didn't like how wide it was.

tonewar
    The 350 was a anniversary addition, it looks like the world has forgotten about it. Got mine 10 years ago. As for it not being on the website why would they sell you something they don't make any more. You rarely see them for sale for second hand because the people who have one know how good it is :
    josh.h.biggs
    I just wrote a review on this, it'll be up soon! All in all, plays and feels like a $1000 while costing half that!