LTD AX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD AX-50

I play metal (Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet for My valentine)and it seems made for stuff like this. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III 75 watt and it sounds okay. I plugged it into a Marshall 120 and it burnt the place down! It's better than most LTD's on clean but I don't care much. The tone and volume knobs work pretty well, not suddenly booming up but going gradually. I still think that it would be better if I fit DiMarzio's or SD's into this one.

This guitar works with metal... And as an added plus it has the style too. If this were stolen or lost, I would not buy another one of these, though I might get the higher end version, maybe the AX-400Fm or the Horizon. I compared this to an Ibanez Rg and this seemed liek a more sturdy choice. I have been playing electric for about almost a year now and played classical before that and I own an FBV Shortboard and a Line 6 Spider III. I'm trying to save up for a Jackson with EMG's hopefully.

It can last for quite a bit Live. Currently, I use an Epiphone Les Paul as my back-up but it doesn't quite match this. I wouldn't put it in the heat for too long and perhaps Switch between this ESP and another guitar just to re-configure everything. The strap buttons are't very reliable and I would use this as my back-up once I get my Jackson. The finish will probably last for a few more years I would say.

I don't know about the starting action since this was bought second-hand. The pick-ups werein okay condition when I bought them. The finish on the fretboard wood quality was extremely out and it had some kind of shellac stains on them. The body shape is pretty awesome but it chips easily.

I'm not very sure what year it was made in. It was made in Indonesia then shipped to USA. 24 XJ Frets whcih make it eady to play. 25.5 in scale. Agathis body and a maple neck. Bolt-on neck. Smooth rosewood fingerboard. Came with stock passive ESP LH-100 Humbuckers, 3 way Switch. Features a Tune-o-Matic Bridge. It's extremely lightweight.