LTD AX-50 review by ESP

ESP: LTD AX-50

Purchased from: Local musician

Suits my style perfectly. (Metal) Crate amplification. Sometimes has a hassle with feedback. Beautiful clean on the clean channel. Agressive crunch/distortion sound. Great for learning pinch harmonics and natural harmonics. Beautiful for learning all types of techniques.

At first I was skeptical of the guitar. But with the experience we've had, I couldn't love it more. It has been with me through every learning process and I would strongly recommend it to any beginner/intermediate players. It will help with nailing the right notes and great for learning pinch harmonics and natural harmonics.

A very reliable guitar once you get strings completely stretched so it won't go out of tune. I would definantly consider using it on a gig without a backup. It has a great sound once you find a good adjustment for the pickups and the action. And sounds good for all types of music, with its beautiful clean sound and powerful distortion.

I bought it used, and the previous owner adjusted the pickups and action. The previous owner did minor care for the guitar. Like with most Ax style bodies, the two lower horns have been scarred. 2-3 tiny chips in the paint/body. A slight loose neck. But once I fixed it up it looks great and plays great.

24 XJ Frets. Passive pickups. Ax body style. String-thru body. Volume, Tone, 3-way switch. Made in Indonesia. Non-locking. Tune-O-Matic. Solid top. LTD ESP Ax-50. The person I bought it from provided me with a few picks and a strap. He did not change the pickups or any factory settings besides adjusting the action and pickup height.