LTD DJ-600 review by ESP

ESP: LTD DJ-600

Purchased from: GuitarGuitar Epsom

I mainly play songs from bands like Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine, Metallica, Atreyu etc... And I have to say this guitar suits it perfectly, the EMG's are incredibly responsive and the afterburner is a good boost for a solo or if you want that dirt sound when playing cleaning. I play through a Line 6 POD HD300 but have also spent extensive playing this axe through a 6505+ and I have to say it sounded amazing on both - the bridge pick up the 85 I think is amazing - especially when playing clean.

For the music I play, and the price I paid for this axe - it is incredibly, sadly if it were stolen I couldn't buy a new one as ESP don't produce it anymore! My favourite feature has to the bridge pup - it sounds amazing and I'm considering a pick up swap in my passive Jackson for the same pair If I could change anything, I would make the higher frets more accessible (there's no cutaway) and put 24 frets in instead!

I'm sure this guitar can withstand live usage and the hardware seems of the highest standard - compared to my Jackson DK2M it feels a lot more solid. The finish is immaculate and I cannot see it being ruined unless I tamper with it myself.

If you guys have a read a thread I posted on the axe, there was a slight problem of a dead fret - but took it back to shop and got fixed so its all good. Aside that, everything was set up exactly how I wanted it low action correct pup height etc... So a lower mark for the initial problem...

This guitar was made in Korea (ESP series below the 401 are made in Indonesia), it has 22 frets a rosewood fretboard and a damn thin and fast with a lovely mahogany body. The inlays are a pearl bat inlays which are pretty meh to be honest! It has a white finish, with a red dripping blood graphic coupled with an EMG 81/85 set, an EMG afterburner and a original floyd rose - it is pretty amazing! I paid 450 for this axe (it was 1400) brand new in a end of line sales - in my eyes a friggin bargain! And any readers in the west or south of London, get yourselves down to guitarguitar in Epsom, brilliant service, they set the guitar up for me to Drop C within in 30 mins and gave me a nice gig bag half price!