LTD DV-200 Review

manufacturer: ESP date: 11/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

ESP: LTD DV-200
 8.8
 9.5
 1,875
review (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
LTD DV-200 Reviewed by: yeller56, on november 15, 2012

Features: Dave Mustaine has lent his name to the new guitar for LTD, the affordable DV-200. Based on the popular DV-8 model introduced last year, the DV-200 offers a similar V body style in a bolt-on maple neck and basswood body design. // 10

Sound: I play alot of metal so it suites me fine I played it in a 120 watt crate and it was godlike but at home on my 20 watt I wasn't too great. It had no buzzes when I came close to the computer which was really nice. I used the chorus ensemble ce-5 pedal and a jackhammer h-1 and overall it was nice I love all of the sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: DV-200 was flawless and made with 100% care, why? Because LTD ESP made it thats why. Everything seems there even a lifetime warranty if you f--k it up. // 10

Overall Impression: If you playing metal it made for you, I've only been playing for a yearz but seriously I'm obcessed. I have a M-55 and I play my friends guitar which is an MH-50, compared to these two guitars the DV-200 has better sound but is still hard to play sitting down. If someone had stole this guitar I would seriously beat they're ass I spent 3 weeks working my ass off for it, and plus it's sexy. So in a nutshell, the DV-200 is great lead guitar for metal, I would recommend it for live play only though cause its hard to play sitting down. // 8

More ESP reviews rating category latest review
+ LTD Phoenix-1000 8.6 Electric Guitars 01/22/2016