LTD DV8-R review by ESP

ESP: LTD DV8-R

It suits my style because I play mostly metal. The pickups are very well balanced, gives a good crunch on my Ibanez amp as well as very nice highs for soloing. I find the neck pickup is a lot nicer for both rhythm and lead but that's just my taste. For clean stuff I use my Vox Pathfinder 15, it needs a reverb pedal but the tremolo is nice. There is no background noise coming off the pickups but the control knobs seem backwards to me. Either way I love the sound.

I play metal so this guitar is perfect for it. For non active pickups the sound this guitar puts out for metal/rock is amazing. The pickups are great for any sound and are well balanced for treble, mid and bass. If it were lost/stolen/destroyed I would definitely buy another. I wish it had separate tone controls for each pickup but its not necessary. Best guitar ever.

This guitar is a beast, it takes a thrashing and keeps playing beautifully. I have had a couple of incidents with it coliding with things while I jump around like an inebriated chimpanzee and only the slightest stratch and dent to show for it, purely cosmetic. I bought this guitar to play, and I am so amazed by it's durability that I would definitely play it live without a backup.

Action is pretty good factory settings wise. I had to adjust it a bit for personal preference but the action was beautiful in the store when I first played it. This is the fastest guitar I have ever played and the action is perfect right up to the 24 th fret. Factory strings are amazing too, this is the easiest guitar I have ever played.