LTD DV8-R review by ESP

ESP: LTD DV8-R

Purchased from: Music park/park panios

This guitar puts out I very low end metal tone. I am running it through a Randall RH200G2 head with a Randall cabniet. The Randall puts out a hi gain sound, very good for the Dry Kill Logic, Dimmu Borgir sound. Because of the EMG's, the cleans aren't very good, but the distortion sound it puts out makes up or it. When you stand realy close to my amp with it, it lets of feedback, but a niose gate will fix that. I mostly only play hi distortion thrash metal, so the sound is good for me.

This guitar is a good match for the style of music I play, and the V shape just looks good to me. This is only my second guitar, my first was a dodgey Ashton. I've been playing for a year now, and the only guitar that I liked better was the Jackson KV2 King V, only because they had a floyd rose. ESPs and LTDs make some pretty good metal guitars, so if your a metal player, they are worth looking into. If it was lost or stolen then I would be pissed off, but I wouldn't buy another one. I would proberbly get a custom one with a floyd rose ect. But other then that it's perfect.

This thing is very solid. I've knocked it a couple of times and nothing happens. Everything seems realy solid. I would gig it without a back up because I have no choice but too. The emgs set me back another $400 so I'm poor now. Howver it's is very reliable and durable.

The action was set up perfectly. I had the bridge set up for a drop C so there was no flaws at all. My pickups were nicely set up so no compliants. The finish wont crack at all. The only flaw is the fact that when you lock the tuners you can still tune it.