LTD DV8-R review by ESP

ESP: LTD DV8-R

Purchased from: www.Guitarampkeyboard.com

I gotta say, this guitar suits my style perfectly. I play thrash metal (Megadeth, Vio-lence, Testament, Death Angel etc, real thrash) and this guitar seems to have been made with this in mind. What else would you expect from a Dave Mustaine signature guitar? The Seymour Duncan really gives the distortion a kick in the nuts and I found myself shredding through the likes of Blackmail the Universe and Holy Wars with ease. Put it though a Boss MT2 Metalzone pedal and you're in for some hellafied crunch. You can use this guitar for almost any genre of metal, although I haven't bothered downtuning mine yet, I use my Washburn Dime guitar or that.

All I can say is that this guitar is absolutely perfect for me. If you play thrash metal then you quite simply need this guitar. I've played countless guitars in recent years trying to find the right one for me and I never found it, until I played one of these beauties at a store in cardiff. On top of this I own a Washburn Dimebag V, which has been battered around a hell of a lot sadly (which is why I bought this in the first place). If someone stole this guitar I'd probably shoot myself because it's such an amazzing guitar and they're becoming increasingly expensive and hard to come by, the only guitar I could possibly compare this to in Dave Mustaine's own Dean VMNT series, and even they aren't as good os this. If you can, buy one of these badasses, they're more than worth it.

Even though I've only had this guitar for a few days, I gotta admit I've accidentally banged it about quite a lot. But still, not a single dent or scratch to be found! It's a really solid guitar, and from ESP/LTD I wouldn't expect anything less. It's certainly bult to last.

Everything was in perfect order when I got this. My main concern was whether or not I'd have to alter the action once I got it. I can safely say that the action seemed fine when I recieved the guitar in the post. Then again it all depends what you're used to doesn't it?

I got this online as I've been looking to buy one of these guitars for years now, and since Dave Mustaine left ESP for Dean they've become increasingly hard to come by. Alls well though, I got mine in snow white finish a few days back and I love it. Well, damn, where to start?! Amazing Flying V shape, made in japan (I think), neck-thru body construction, Seymour Duncan pickups, rosewood fretboard (24 jumbo frets! ), maple neck, volume, tone and 3-way selector, mahogany body, absolutely beautiful finish, moment I saw one of these guitars for the first time I knew I had to have one, and goddammit am I glad I got one. If you can find this guitar anywhere then buy it, you won't regret it!