LTD EC-1000 review by ESP

ESP: LTD EC-1000

Purchased from: American Musical

I run this bad boy through a Line 6 Spider II 212. And it whips quite a considerable ammount of ass. I am known to play many genres, inside of rock of course. I play anything from Zeppelin to Slayer, and the versatility is very convenient. When both of the pickups are at full volume, there is some fret slide noise, but then again they are active. But the cool thing is the pickups don't feedback nearly as easily as the ones on my bc rich. And when you mute the strings with your hand they actually stay quiet.

I'm true to metal but I branch off into jazz, blues, and japanese wierd scales, but this thing is pretty damn versatile. I've been playing about 3 1/2 years now. my other guitar is a BC Rich Ironbird platinum Pro series (I wonder where I got my user name) and it's a good axe but isn't a hair on the scrotum of the ESP. I think I shoulda asked the people at american musical if they could give me a place to sleep while I pay for this guitar. If it were stolen, I'd hunt that bastard down, but if I couldn't get it back I'd buy the same damn guitar, maybe something a littel cheaper next time. For example, have you ever seen wayne's world? You know how he goes to the music store every week and sees the white Strat and says "it will be mine oh yes it will be mine" well that was me with this guitar. So yeah I had to have, and now I'm paying for it, literally. I love the finish and the fretboard. And the harmonics. It plays just as heavy as the Rich but has higher capability when I really bend on it. Well guys just save up alot of money for this one, but it's worth every penny, happy hunting have a great day.

I have no idea how long this thing will last. I just got it last thursday so I'm not sure how it will stand the tests of time. But I have heard from some of my older guitar player buddies that you prettymuch get what you pay for in the guitar market. And for $840 this sumbitch better last as far as dependability, I almost never have to tune it unless I'm really bendin' em, or picking really hard.

There were absolutely no flaws. I took it out of the box and all I had to do was tune the e-string and it played like heaven. There is pearloid on the 12th fret and it says "EC-1000" on it. All the rest of the inlays are abalone. When light hit abalone the right way, oh man, you'll crap your pants!

This guitar was made in korea about a month ago. It is a 24 1/2 fret neck. The frets are standard suze on a resewood fretboard. This finish is a gorgeous "see-through black cherry" as ESP calls it. It's like a deep burgundy, with thick flame. The body style is most comparable to a cross between a Gibson Les Paul and a Gibson Nighthawk. The bridge is the same idea as the Tune-O-Matic but it is more stable and locks. Active electronics. There are three knobs, the one in the middle is the master volume, the rear knob is for the bridge pickup and the front is for the neck. Also there is a 3-way selector in the same place the Les Paul has the selector. It is a dual humbucker set-up, like before, this comes with EMG-81's in both holes. The tuners lock so you dont have to wind your strings several times when putting new strings on. I think the tuners are sperzel. the only downside is it came with some allen wrenches and a 2005 ESP product catalog.